Today I learned

When GT beat Cal in football in 1929 they were gifted a bear. He lived under the football stands and was taken all around campus

https://twitter.com/gtalumni/status/1764809034371113419?t=uLeBjws04sK6NGAsEVYnng&s=19

1 Like

4 Likes

Dang Australia, you are tough!

I’m still pretty pissed off about that.

1 Like

Reminds me, I am planning a trip to Australia and have to add a side trip to Rottnest Island. The little one will love seeing the Quokkas.

Sounds like you can threaten mom and come home with a new pet

Definitely a place to go for kids if you are in Western Australia/Perth area. I really enjoyed my short time in Perth, beautiful area, friendly people. Hope to back one day.

1 Like

Bump:
Every Leap Year’s first day of Spring will be on March 19 until the end of the century (started in 2020). The earliest one, by time of day, will be in 2096. In the Eastern time zone, there will be THREE years in a row of 3/19 equinoxes starting in 2088-2090, 2092-2095 and 2096-to-2099.

YTZMV. Pacific Time Zone almost gets four straight years of 3/19 at the end of the century, missing by 19 minutes.
Also, seeing as Summer is way longer than Winter (in Northern Hemisphere) (four and a half days), June should have 31 days, July should have 32, and December and January should be only 30 days. And, April should be 31 and October should be 30. That way, the seasons are about three months long
Just a thought, Pope Gregory.

July would get 32 days and June only 30? Considering that both are after the first day of summer, why not make them both 31 days?

I wrote this.

So 31.5 days each. Got it.

1 Like

Well, I am suggesting making the seasons three months each, even though Summer is currently over 4.5 days longer than Winter, due to the perigee of the Earth to the Sun in Winter and we are traveling a bit faster at that time, relatively speaking. We could do that by making some months longer and some months shorter.

Can we just do what I assume Canada does, ten metric seasons?

3 Likes

So you did, my bad.

1 Like

There’s only 2 seasons in Canada: winter and construction.

4 Likes

Well, that’s one more than the number of jokes about seasons.

1 Like

There is a hybrid Ghanaian-German style of music called Burger-Highlife, created by Ghanaian immigrants in Germany.

I learned about it because one of the more famous practitioners just passed, George Darko. RIP. Listening to a little of his stuff today…

TIL that the mold in blue cheese is in the penicillium genus, with different species for different cheese types. Penicillin is from yet a different species in the genus. Penicillium - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Does that mean your rare hamburger is safe with blue cheese?

1 Like

The common lime is a hybrid of a key lime and a lemon

3 Likes