Thread to express how you felt you did on Exam 7

Feel free to vent here on your exam. But no discussion on answers should be done until after 6am EST 1 JAN 2021. And no hint of information on what the questions are should be made.

Thanks for opening the forum back up, VA! :slight_smile:

I already posted this in the general, but I think this sitting of 7 was challenging but fair. I was very prepared so I’m almost positive I passed, probably in the 7-8 range depending on the passmark. There’s some stuff I know I messed up, but I really can’t complain about the exam itself. I think it was a good exam.

1 Like

I thought so too. I think I was pretty well prepared, had a solid bit of time to review my answers which is typical for exams I end up passing (knock on wood…). Even did my high/low score expectation by problem during the final few minutes of the exam since I knew I wouldn’t have the chance to obsess about it after the fact and my pessimistic view (with bias correction) had me barely passing so I’m optimistic… but hopefully not overly so.

1 Like

I agree with @NormalDan. I had pretty much the exact same experience, including the high/low score estimate.

Is it out of bounds to ask if anyone remembers how many total points were on the exam? I don’t see how that truly benefits any future exam takers, but please ignore if that is a concern.

I can’t remember, although it’s probably best to avoid anything so specific.

1 Like

I think it’s safer to not discuss that detail for the present.

Appreciate everyone’s willing cooperation. If you feel that a post is out of line, please REPORT it. Other moderators can jump in to address issues as needed via reporting.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks @NormalDan & @Vorian_Atreides.

@Vorian_Atreides FYI people in extended window are still writing after Dec 10. Don’t think you want people discussing answers

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought I had things “updated” . . . but I guess I missed a few spots. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

So when CAS says 1Q for results, is that like a “Happy New Year!” or like a “It’s Spring already!?”

1 Like

COVID Shutdown anniversary?

1 Like

I think I heard a rumor it was early February, but no idea when they’ll really be released.

My working assumption is February at the earliest, but that’s solely based on my experience with CAS results and the extra ruffle of first time with Pearson, virtual grading, and the extension of the window.

how many hours (approx) did you guys spent studying for this exam?

I took the exam on the 19th. I feel really good about it. I answered every question except for a small part of one. I studied for almost a year so this is by far the most prepared I’ve ever been for an exam.

1 Like

Probably like 200 hours if I had to guess. I don’t keep track though.

1 Like

I put in about 90-100 hours back in the spring before it got cancelled in March. Since the beginning of July I’ve put in approximately 220 hours for 7 and 9 combined. I didn’t really track how much of that went to 7 and how much to 9 but I’d guess around 90 on 7 and 130 on 9.

So I was pushing 200 hours on 7. I usually need a lot less study time than most people too. For 5, 6, and 8 I put in around 105-110, 145-150, and 135ish hours, respectively.

Also I agree with exekias, I don’t think I’ve ever been this prepared for an upper exam due to the year of studying instead of just the usual 4 months.

1 Like

I tracked my time, and I put in 250 hours. Felt really good, and don’t think that an additional 50 hours or so would have made that much of a difference.

1 Like

I am a bit nervous because after sitting for 6 I decided to take Spring time off. So I didn’t really start studying for 7 until the end of August. You all sound so well prepared… :frowning:

People who are really active on forums like this tend to be way more prepared than the average person. I’d be willing to bet on average people weren’t much more prepared this sitting than a typical one.