This poor wedding couple and the toll they're taking

October here is often beautiful. It can also be nasty and cold. Pretty much the only month you can’t say that about is August. It’s gonna be 100 degrees unless it rains and then it will be 95 and muggy but there might be a rainbow.

I’m leaning towards just doing it, but outside. I’m not the final decision maker though.

Funny thing is the unvaxed peeps aren’t nearly as worried about this as I am.

1 Like

It’s not even my friends. If I were the one deciding I would have just given them the wedding cash. Throwing parties is not my thing.

I set a pretty low budget so not worried about the $. I would have preferred just giving them the cash & I offered.

“Funny” usually has some irony or play-on-words or a pun (sorry, meep) involved.
This is totally expected.

outdoor weddings are great, but you have to deal with the anxiety of possible crappy weather.

What many here wont be able to relate to is how hard you would have had to work to be unvaxxed at this point. Vaccine has been available for a long time, so those that didnt get it have made the conscious decision to live with the risk of illness. And they have stood by that choice through a massive onslaught of propaganda and pressure campaigns by most of the country. Most here would live in fear if they didnt get the vaccine, but to those that actually didnt get the shot, they just accepted the risk* and moved on without fear.

*perceived risk may not align with actual risk

You forgot about “being selfish and not caring about other people,” which might be just as big of a disease in this country.

4 Likes

when all you have is a hammer.

I guess we’re on for the small indoor and larger outdoor gatherings. I’m still going to worry because that’s what I do. Hopefully people with symptoms will stay away.

Debating whether to bejewel my mask, and/or buy personalized paper masks for the guests.

1 Like

My daughter says that 90% of attendees are vaxed and she’s ordering placecards so we can seat vaxed with vaxed. It’s a fairly informal affair so people will mix but…

I don’t suppose it’s practical to test all the guests? I went to an event that required testing (they provided it if you couldn’t do that on your own) and I felt a lot better being there knowing I had just tested negtive.

Congratulations for your daughter, and you also.

I would have postponed. I don’t believe a large gathering is wise given the state our hospitals are in. But I also had my own “reception” in my living room with pizza and not even everyone in my own family in attendance, so I don’t put much stock in these things. That’s not the norm I suppose.

I hope it all works out in the end

Same, but it was pulled pork. :laughing:

1 Like

There’s a big Christmas party we go to every year, hosted by a family member. Someone suggested we set up a testing tent and rapid-test everyone. And if they pass, they start with a green shooter. Nobody had any good ideas about what happens if someone tests positive. Maybe just panic?

I dunno how that’ll work, but I’m looking forward to it. We’ve had the cops called on us before over noise complaints, and I frequently get requests to break dance.

I love pulled pork.

1 Like

Grenadine shot, and GTFO.

2 Likes

18 days out. New cases decreasing. Hoping for good weather.I need to get my outfit hemmed.

All food is individual servings (cupcakes, yay!)

I only know of 10* unvaxed folks coming (*not counting kids) and at least 4 of them already had covid.

1 Like

Wedding scheduled for Saturday, 2 days.

The officiant’s daughter has Covid. Got another officiant. Now found out that my other daughter’s friend’s child tested positive. The friend and child were at my house Saturday. Daughter, hubby and I testing just in case. Other daughter and husband (they actually made it official in August but still wanted their party) testing just in case. (They were also with the girl on Sat and in proximity to the officiant’s daughter Monday or Tuesday.)

Freaking out a bit bc there was a day this week I didn’t feel well but I chalked it up to a bad allergy day.

My fridge is filled with food that I am supposed to prepare for the wedding. I have 104 jars of dried fruit and nuts that I prepared just this morning bc the plan was individual charcuterie jars.

I’m missing my hair appt. That has no bearing on the wedding at least.

Hubby is allowed to work this afternoon since he wasn’t really around the little girl and it was 5 days ago and he has no symptoms.

Chances are, all of our vaccines hold up. But sheesh!

1 Like

Daughter 1 negative. She has been around infected child the most so I’m feeling good about mr aj & me. Waiting for my test now.

4 Likes

Negative for me too. Vaccines worked. Yay! Wedding prep resumed.

8 Likes

Wedding finished. I don’t know how many attended but I’d guess between 75-100. That made it easier for people to sit with their family groups and/or with people they were already regularly around.

We only had one person complain about wearing a mask for the inside person. A family member of course.

We lost a couple grandmas fairly early, one bc of a medication issue and one bc of the heat. At least it didn’t rain.

:scream: I sure hope by “lost” you mean “they had to leave the ceremony” as opposed to “died”.

2 Likes