The Texas Coronavirus Antibody REsponse Survey

For Texas residents. I am currently trying to figure out if you can participate if you are not a Texas resident but live near a CP Labs (the testing facilities they are partnering with).

The Texas Coronavirus Antibody REsponse Survey, or Texas CARES, is a survey that will help us better understand the human antibody response to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Survey participants will help us measure things like how many people in the survey have COVID-19 antibodies, and how long those antibodies last.

2 Likes

I am so f’n paranoid right now, that the fact this is being done in TX, I see as an attempt to prove COVID never existed or was a liberal conspiracy

edited to add, No idea why this was top of my news feed

What? You think literally everyone in Texas is that rabid? Including well respected research universities?

Initial Results

• Overall, we estimate that three-quarters of Texans have SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, generated either from a prior natural infection or from a vaccine, and therefore possess some level of protection from COVID-19.
  • Antibody levels seem to peak about 120 days after infection and then decrease, though they remain detectable after 275 to 500 days.
  • Unvaccinated individuals with a previous infection have lower levels of antibodies to the spike protein compared to fully vaccinated individuals.
  • More than a third of children had antibodies to the virus, and of those, 50.8% reported never having had symptoms.
1 Like