The Rebel Forum/Go Actuary 2023 Celebrity Death Pool

Another one that just didn’t quite make the final list for me

saw him solo around 1980, rather shocked he made it this long

2 Likes

Yep. When I make my list of possible selections, I add 3 data fields: age, reason famous, and reason for consideration in dead pool

My Crosby entry says “health and mileage” in the latter field

I thought this was a pretty unique idea. However, someone ran with what I think is the same theme called Dead Kennedys. We are both first year teams. Could be that great minds think alike, but it seems like a very strange coincidence if so. Only other people that would have heard about it were a couple of people in my other dead pool

For next year’s contest

Another one that we missed.

1 Like

Cindy Williams aka Shirley of Laverne and Shirley

My high school crush. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

For me, Adrienne Barbeau, HS crush

First TV crush , Barbara Eden

1 Like

Also Bess Armstrong, Valerie Bertinelli and Kristi McNichol. Looking back, Kristi wasn’t so hot.

About ten years ago, My brother consulted for an episode of Touched by an Angel and he got to spend time with Valerie who was a guest star for that episode. I told him i was insanely jealous.

ok, dude - considering the thread we are in and me being too old to remember what you are responding to - well never mind

1 Like

The only thing I ever watched starring Valerie Bertinelli was Hot In Cleveland. I loved her in that show. And she looked great for her age, so it’s easy to imagine that she was even more gorgeous when she was younger.

Valerie Bertinelli during her One Day at a Time years. Still alive!

Summary

1 Like

Don’t scare me like that! This thread is for the departed. Besides, I didn’t pick her.

Sorry! I thought I should put a disclaimer…

I think my first TV actress crush was Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeanie, in syndication).

I need to make a note to consider, in December, whether it’s wrong to have old celebrity crushes on a dead pool list.

1 Like

Someone did make this a themed entry in Derby Dead Pool, team name “The Ukrainian Actuary”. Any of you guys?

Either way, between this entry and the one that used my esoteric theme of Kennedy Center honorees I wonder if someone got ideas from this thread. I have a new idea for a theme team next year that no one is currently doing. I think I’ll keep it to myself until 1/1.

Like last year, I used your collective entries to improve my own entry in another dead pool. I didn’t include too many this year, but one hit just moved me to first place there: Pervez Musharraf.

It’s technically a “sanctioned individuals” theme. :supervillain:

1 Like

Pervez Musharraf: DEAD!

Mr. Musharraf was born in Delhi, and raised in Karachi and Istanbul. He was a Pakistani military officer and politician who became the tenth president of Pakistan after the military takeover of the federal government, serving from 2001-2008. He also served as the 10th Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee from 1998 to 2001 and the 7th Chief of Army Staff from 1998 to 2007. He survived several assassination attempts but couldn’t survive amyloidosis as he succumbed to this disease yesterday at age 79.

@frummie is on the board and @PatientZombie jumps into second place.

Standings:
contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
ArthurItas 2 0 1 26
PatientZombie 2 0 0 24
Macroman 1 0 0 13
traina 1 0 0 11
frummie 1 0 0 9
Maphistos_Sidekick 1 0 0 2
soyleche 0 0 0 0
twig93 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Keep watching those obits!