The Rebel Forum/Go Actuary 2023 Celebrity Death Pool

Sorry! I thought I should put a disclaimer…

I think my first TV actress crush was Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeanie, in syndication).

I need to make a note to consider, in December, whether it’s wrong to have old celebrity crushes on a dead pool list.

1 Like

Someone did make this a themed entry in Derby Dead Pool, team name “The Ukrainian Actuary”. Any of you guys?

Either way, between this entry and the one that used my esoteric theme of Kennedy Center honorees I wonder if someone got ideas from this thread. I have a new idea for a theme team next year that no one is currently doing. I think I’ll keep it to myself until 1/1.

Like last year, I used your collective entries to improve my own entry in another dead pool. I didn’t include too many this year, but one hit just moved me to first place there: Pervez Musharraf.

It’s technically a “sanctioned individuals” theme. :supervillain:

1 Like

Pervez Musharraf: DEAD!

Mr. Musharraf was born in Delhi, and raised in Karachi and Istanbul. He was a Pakistani military officer and politician who became the tenth president of Pakistan after the military takeover of the federal government, serving from 2001-2008. He also served as the 10th Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee from 1998 to 2001 and the 7th Chief of Army Staff from 1998 to 2007. He survived several assassination attempts but couldn’t survive amyloidosis as he succumbed to this disease yesterday at age 79.

@frummie is on the board and @PatientZombie jumps into second place.

Standings:
contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
ArthurItas 2 0 1 26
PatientZombie 2 0 0 24
Macroman 1 0 0 13
traina 1 0 0 11
frummie 1 0 0 9
Maphistos_Sidekick 1 0 0 2
soyleche 0 0 0 0
twig93 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Keep watching those obits!

I did consider Garza for my list, but decided not to since I think he doesn’t have a wiki

I am pretty sure he has one pending…

Jimmy Carter in hospice

I think this is a hit for someone ?

Larry Garza: DEAD!

Larry Garza was a comedian with a career that began in 2002, most well-known for co-hosting the Public Axis Podcast, and being a founding member of the comedy sketch group Comedia A Go-Go. Larry was also known for and starring in, writing, producing and directing a handful of short films. In 2016, the movie “Get the Hell Out” (written and directed by Garza) won Best Horror Short at the Fort Worth Indy Film Showcase. Garza won “Best Actor in a Short Film” at the Eyecatcher Film Festival for his acting in the film that same year. In September 2020, local TV station KSAT named Garza to its list of "25 influential Latinos in San Antonio. In December 2021, Larry hosted a “roast-style” fundraiser. to bring awareness to the kidney cancer he was fighting. Garza was fighting cancer for seven years. He entered hospice care in November 2022. On February 14th, 2023 Larry Garza lost his battle against cancer at age 41.

hotkarl gets a unique tragic pick.

Standings:
ArthurItas 2 0 1 26
PatientZombie 2 0 0 24
hotkarl 0 1 1 21
Macroman 1 0 0 13
traina 1 0 0 11
frummie 1 0 0 9
Maphistos_Sidekick 1 0 0 2
soyleche 0 0 0 0
twig93 0 0 0 0

I can’t find him on anyone’s list, though I did have a link in my spreadsheet to look him up. Weird.

Here’s why you guys are remembering Mark Pilgrim

2 Likes

This is why, was over age as a Tragedy

ninja’d

1 Like

You know, if we started a July-June iteration of the Death Pool, there are a couple of names I’d like to put on that list.

1 Like

RIP to Nuremburg trials prosecutor Ben Ferencz. Guy personally sent a bunch of Nazis to prison

2 Likes

Ryuichi Sakamoto: DEAD!

Mr. Sakamoto was a Japanese composer, record producer, and actor who pursued a diverse range of styles as a solo artist and as a member of Yellow Magic Orchestra (YMO). With his bandmates Haruomi Hosono and Yukihiro Takahashi, Sakamoto influenced and pioneered a number of electronic music genres. He died March 28 at age 71.

hotkarl, traina, Maphistos_Sidekick and ArthurItas all get hits.

Standings:

ArthurItas 3 0 1 32
PatientZombie 2 0 0 24
hotkarl 1 1 1 24
traina 2 0 0 16
Macroman 1 0 0 13
frummie 1 0 0 9
Maphistos_Sidekick 2 0 0 8
soyleche 0 0 0 0
twig93 0 0 0 0

Ben Ferencz: DEAD!

Mr. Ferencz was an American lawyer. He was an investigator of Nazi war crimes after World War II and the chief prosecutor for the United States Army at the Einsatzgruppen trial, one of the 12 Subsequent Nuremberg trials held by US authorities at Nuremberg, Germany. Later he became an advocate of international rule of law and for the establishment of an International Criminal Court. From 1985 to 1996, he was an adjunct professor of international law at Pace University. He died April 7 at age 103.

ArthurItas gets a unique hit.

Standings:

ArthurItas 4 0 2 37
PatientZombie 2 0 0 24
hotkarl 1 1 1 24
traina 2 0 0 16
Macroman 1 0 0 13
frummie 1 0 0 9
Maphistos_Sidekick 2 0 0 8
soyleche 0 0 0 0
twig93 0 0 0 0