The Rebel Forum/Go Actuary 2023 Celebrity Death Pool

First blood!

I made a themed entry Laugh-in to the Grave (people associated with Rowan and MartIn’s Laugh-in tv show) and my usual entry There’s a Shiva in the Park.

1 Like

Gianluca Vialli
BBC News - Gianluca Vialli: Former Chelsea, Juventus and Italy striker dies aged 58

5 plus years after pancreatic cancer diagnosis, that’s a good run. Might have dashed someone’s entries in years past.

1 Like

Art McNally: DEAD!

Mr. McNally was an American football executive who was director of officiating for the NFL] from 1968 to 1991. Before becoming director of officiating, McNally served as a field judge and referee in the NFL for nine years from 1959 to 1967. During a 22-year span, he officiated over 3,000 football, baseball, and basketball games, which included one year in the NBA. In 2022, McNally became the first NFL game official to be enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He died January 1 at age 97.

@ArthurItas officially gets the first hit in the pool with a unique hit.

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
ArthurItas 1 0 1 11
soyleche 0 0 0 0
Maphisto’s_Sidekick 0 0 0 0
frummie 0 0 0 0
PatientZombie 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0
Macroman 0 0 0 0
twig93 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Gianluca Vialli: DEAD!

Mr. Vialli was an Italian soccer player and manager who played as a striker. Vialli played for clubs Cremonese, Sampdoria, Juventus and Chelsea in a career that started in 1980 and ended in 1999. After his playing career, he managed Chelsea and Watford. Vialli’s international career included 59 appearances for Italy, scoring 16 goals. He died January 6 at age 58.

@ArthurItas extends the lead, followed by @Macroman, @PatientZombie, @traina and @Maphistos_Sidekick

Standings:

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
ArthurItas 2 0 1 26
Macroman 1 0 0 13
PatientZombie 1 0 0 11
traina 1 0 0 11
Maphistos_Sidekick 1 0 0 2
soyleche 0 0 0 0
frummie 0 0 0 0
twig93 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Geez, January 8 and I’m already tied for 6th / last place. :grimacing:

Adam Rich, 54 RIP

Bernard Kalb, 100

One of the folks that didn’t make my final cut but was on my longer list passed:

RIP

Another one that just didn’t quite make the final list for me

saw him solo around 1980, rather shocked he made it this long

2 Likes

Yep. When I make my list of possible selections, I add 3 data fields: age, reason famous, and reason for consideration in dead pool

My Crosby entry says “health and mileage” in the latter field

I thought this was a pretty unique idea. However, someone ran with what I think is the same theme called Dead Kennedys. We are both first year teams. Could be that great minds think alike, but it seems like a very strange coincidence if so. Only other people that would have heard about it were a couple of people in my other dead pool

For next year’s contest

Another one that we missed.

1 Like

Cindy Williams aka Shirley of Laverne and Shirley

My high school crush. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

For me, Adrienne Barbeau, HS crush

First TV crush , Barbara Eden

1 Like

Also Bess Armstrong, Valerie Bertinelli and Kristi McNichol. Looking back, Kristi wasn’t so hot.

About ten years ago, My brother consulted for an episode of Touched by an Angel and he got to spend time with Valerie who was a guest star for that episode. I told him i was insanely jealous.

ok, dude - considering the thread we are in and me being too old to remember what you are responding to - well never mind

1 Like