The MAGAfication of the Republican party

“Freedom for thee, but not for thee! You are not allowed to read these books, er, empty boxes, because I am free to tell you what you can and cannot do! Freedom!!”

Wasn’t sure the best place to put #SaveTheChildren hypocrisy. I’m discussing the QAnon-astroturfed campaign to slander liberals as pedophiles while keeping a Red Wall of Silence on people like Matt Gaetz.

38-year-old man grabs the genitals of a 16-year old, according to prosecution sexually approached several other children, and texted the 16-year-old that he was a pedophile hitting on him, several times.

The judge says he has a “proclivity toward young men.”

For context, this area is about 60/40 skewed toward MAGA/No Step on Snek types. (The further north you go in Michigan, the further South you are.)

The judge calling children “young men” is infuriating, as is the pedophile getting just 3 months in jail. But the judges there are right-leaning and the pedophile was a 2-time GOP candidate.

For reference, this is adjacent to the Grand Traverse County commissioner who brought a firearm into a governmental Zoom meeting while another commissioner discussed denouncing local January 6 supporter groups. He is currently being sued by the anti-insurrection commissioner over it.

I’m just imagining the judge thinking “we’re going to try the victim as an adult”

3 Likes

Add on all the rubes that supported and got all frothy over the “sound of hypocrisy” or whatever that Qanon movie that made millions this summer was.

Which thread discussed that idiocy and grifting in the name of “protecting children?”

I had asked about it over the summer in Random Political Thoughts

That what you’re looking for?

1 Like

It. Is. A. Cult.

Among Republicans, 53% said Trump was a person of faith, ahead of every other person on the list — although he was statistically tied with Pence, who came in at 52%.

Trump also led several of his other opponents in the Republican presidential primary, with 47% of Republican respondents saying Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is a person of faith, 31% for Sen. Tim Scott, 31% for former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, 30% for entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, and 22% for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Only 23% of Republicans said Biden is a person of faith, while 12% said the same of Vice President Kamala Harris.

2 Likes

Why the 11-point drop in Republicans thinking Kamala Harris is a person of faith less than Biden?

(Is it racial? I have a feeling it is but it’s just a feeling.)

Biden attends church almost every week, and people often put up photos of that. So it doesn’t have to purely be racial.

Hmm, I cannot find a history of Harris’ church attendance other than “regularly”. But I can believe that more people are sharing POTUS pictures than VPOTUS.

Trump more a person of faith than Pence? Like this is just sad.

Trump couldn’t even name a part of the bible.

“‘yloH elbiB’ Hah! I got the title right!”

Look, if he wasn’t passionate about religion, would he have had people tear gassed so he could have a photo op outside of a church?

And let me link this one more time:

2 Likes

I think you have that upside down

When I visited DC with my wife and kids we went there!

To think he had to walk through Lafayette square to get there…

I keep on thinking about making a thread about how openly racist large portions of the right have become, and feel that it fits here.

For those not familiar with the players, Charlie Kirk is the founder of Turning Point USA, one of the larger conservative organizations. Ginni Thomas was on the initial advisory board for it, Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle spoke at their most recent national convention. Kirk also did a podcast on MLK Jr. day about how awful MLK Jr. was, and has recently labelled the civil rights act as a modern day Treaty of Versailles for white people. Matt Walsh is one of the most prominent transphobes in the country, and Bill Ackman, who retweeted this crap, is a billionaire fighting against DEI and woke-ism in US universities.

2 Likes

Then we also have other media personalities saying stuff like:

“I’m so sick of Republicans trying to shy away from the whole narrative that we’re white Christian nationalists,” she continued. “No, that’s what the Republican Party should be. We should try to go back to our traditional roots.”

Moody went on to declare that “America is a white Christian nation, and it’s okay that we want to maintain that nation.”

1 Like

yikes
hoooh, my sinuses are cleared

Some lessons on the civil rights movement, white supremacy, the women’s suffrage movement and Martin Luther King Jr. may soon be cut from Texas’ public education requirements, according to legislation being considered in the state – one of several bills targeting critical race theory around the country.

The Texas Senate has passed Senate Bill 3 in a continued effort to proscribe education on racial inequality in K-12 education. It removes several Texas Education Code lesson requirements that were proposed by Democrats in prior education legislation to be implemented in the upcoming school year. It also stipulates that lessons cannot teach that “one race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex” or make students “feel discomfort, guilt, [or] anguish” about privilege or systemic racism.

Ok, usual anti-CRT stuff. But what are the details?

The state currently requires teaching “the history of white supremacy,” “the institution of slavery, the eugenics movement, and the Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong; the Chicano movement; women’s suffrage and equal rights; the civil rights movement” and more.

However, SB3 would cut those requirements – a move that some teachers say signals a growing effort to remove specific lessons from classrooms.

Yeah, those are kinda key topics that all Americans should learn in school.

1 Like

Boy that would make american history a lot easier.

Let’s just get rid of these…14 chapters… plenty of time to teach the rest.

1 Like