The GoActuary 2021 Celebrity Death Pool

Donald Trump was your first alternate last year. I’ll put him into the 2022 pool for you.

That’s great. Thanks.

Any reason you haven’t done Vicente Fernandez?

I didn’t know anyone had him. I’ll update soon.

1 Like

Vicente Fernandez: DEAD!

Fernandez was a Mexican singer, actor, and film producer. Nicknamed ““Chente””, ““El Charro de Huentitán”” , ““El Ídolo de México”” and ““El Rey de la Música Ranchera””, Fernández started his career as a busker, and went on to become a cultural icon, having recorded more than 50 albums and contributing to more than 30 films. His repertoire consisted of rancheras and other Mexican classics.

Fernández’s work earned him three Grammy Awards, nine Latin Grammy Awards, fourteen Lo Nuestro Awards, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He sold over 50 million copies worldwide, making him one of the best-selling regional Mexican artists of all time. In 2016, Fernández retired from performing live, although he continued to record and publish music. He died December 12 at age 81."

PatientZombie has be very patient waiting for me to post that he has a unique hit and is in third place.

Standings:

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
hotkarl 8 2 5 106
Maphisto’s Sidekick 10 0 1 89
PatientZombie 7 1 5 82
frummie 5 0 1 54
Werewolf 4 1 2 44
traina 2 1 0 33
Macroman 3 0 0 28
soyleche 1 0 1 13

I checked all the other celebrities and they are all still alive. The winner of the 2021 Go Actuary Celebrity Death Pool is…

@Hotkarl !

:comet: :sunglasses: :comet:
Runner up is @Maphistos_Sidekick !

DFTUYR

See you in the 2022 Go Actuary Celebrity Death Pool1

3 Likes

MS and I gonna be like those high jumpers at the Olympics both getting gold. Congrats!

Congrats Hotkarl!

Maybe???

1 Like

Congrats to you too! Tim Bilton death reports were #FakeNews. Co-champs it is!

2 Likes

Fakenews? Ok,

Congratulations to the 2021 Go Actuary Celebrity Death Pool co-champions, @Hotkarl
And @Maphistos_Sidekick !

And congrats to @PatientZombie for runner up!

DFTUYR

Corrected Final Standings:
contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
hotkarl 7 1 4 89
Maphisto’s Sidekick 10 0 1 89
PatientZombie 7 1 5 82
frummie 5 0 1 54
Werewolf 4 1 2 44
traina 2 1 0 33
Macroman 3 0 0 28

A tie?!?! Shouldn’t it be… sudden death? Whoever gets the next hit wins. Overtime!

1 Like

Ctm

Go to the alts if you still have them
Highest ranked dead alt wins

One year we had a tiebreaker for the caption thread. That didn’t go over well.

:laughing:

I’m OK with being co-champ, but ISTR that several years ago there was a tie-breaking rule. I don’t remember whether it was “number of hits, then number of uniques, then number of tragics”, or some other order of precedence.

It was order that entry was received