The Forward Party

My example: a relative toss-up race where Rs and Ds are about equal in number (within +/- 5 for either party).

Your example: Utah, which even when McMullin ran and Trump’s shittiness had been somewhat exposed, still was R+20.

:thinking:

Seems to be an important statement to make along side the claim being questioned.

As it is, your post appears to be making a more general statement than I think you intended.

That race isn’t really “3rd Party”. There isn’t a D candidate. The Ds endorsed McMullin.

He will hopefully pull enough moderate Rs though. It would be awesome to not have Lee in the senate.

I was commenting based on

so I agree that it’s not the 3rd party in the race, but it’s still a 3rd Party candidate getting FPTP. And it’d be interesting if the Dems endorsed Cheney in WY, though I doubt it would happen.

All that to say, it’d be nice to have an Alaska system with the top 4 primary people advancing to a rank choice general

Yeah I was taking your statement to be much broader than that specific situation.

Granted, I could have been more detailed in the description of my scenario, but I didn’t think I needed to be completely exhaustive about it.

I really didn’t think someone would read it and think yeah, but I’m going to talk about a location where Republicans significantly outnumber Democrats to the point Democrats have zero chance even if 1/3rd of Republicans splinter off and chase the 3rd party like happened in 2016 in Utah, and think it was the same thing.

Faustian is a strong word for silly.

Yang himself is D. Also he is a nerd, and voting reform is a nerd issue, and the nerds are all D right now.

If you want to split the Rs you need to run on an R issue like making Jesus great again or legalization of machine guns.

all and zero exceptions are strong wording, in bold, are strong enough that you not thinking about universal interpretations is not the fault of the reader.

1 Like

Noted. All future posts describing a scenario will contain the requisite 74 paragraphs so as to be completely exhaustive of all potential situations, real or imaginary, so as to eliminate any possible ambiguity any reader might have or dream up.

No, just don’t use absolutes so cavalierly on an Actuarial message board.

I’ll use 99.99999999999% instead. Still reflects reality, leaves room for someone to wiggle out.

Bleh, overusing 9s is even worse.

Just say you have a p < 0.05.

1 Like

you need an iq > 110 to appreciate this party. That does not bode well for its survival

Seems like in the past year it’s picked up a mayor, a couple state Senators, a city commissioner, a DA, and a “Town Selectwoman”. Some of those kept their political affiliation but are “Forward Democrats” or similar. It even can be on the ballot in 3 states.

Don’t you feel silly now.

giphy

1 Like