The covid virgins club

That sounds like something worth looking into…

some how still have not gotten it (knocks on wood, drinks some Lysol, huffs some hydrogen peroxide**, takes some horse rewormer).

I got 1 JJ shot in april 2021. Have traveled a lot. live in deep red-ville trump country. Kids back in full time school since fall 2020. I have been back in office 2 years now. Never stopped going to gym. Have seen like 80% of friends and family get it. Wife/kids have not gotten it either. were sick a few times, but testing was always negative. I had to have been exposed 100 times by now. I did quarantine a few times after known exposure.

I’d rather be lucky than good.

**I know some one that actually does this.

2 Likes

Living up to your handle.

it’s been 4 plus days since my flight. i think i can safely say i didn’t catch covid cooties on my flight.

gonna take some risks this weekend starting tomorrow. wish me luck staying the virgin club’s leader.

2 Likes

I feel like a large portion of my friends that went on vacation this summer got covid. To the point that even I (mr no shits given) have skipped any real summer trips for fear of infection.

Sometimes I just get that feeling like I’m out of luck and I need to step back. Maybe I need to get a new hat.

I thought this was humorous. Bro, SIL, and Sis, all of whom live about 1000 miles from me, although not all in the same place, got covid this week. So my parents, who live fairly near me, said I shouldn’t visit them (my parents, that is) for fear they’ll get covid, too.

Transmission by familial relation, apparently, although I don’t know why they wouldn’t catch it directly from B, SIL, and S, if that were the case.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a generational thing? You can only catch it via familial relation of people in your generation. So your parents can’t catch it that way, but you could… and then pass it to your parents the old-fashioned way when you visit.

Or something like that. :joy:

i assume they are just viewing it as cases are up in general so they could catch it from you or anyone else. that’s a pretty big coincidence that they all got covid at the same time if they didn’t get it from each other.

1 Like

IT IS A VIRUS THAT COMES THROUGH THE E-MAILS!!

1 Like

Lol. My parents don’t have a computer or smartphone, so they’re immune!

1 Like

Still with the v-card
Onky one amongst my friends.
Have started going to (indoor) concerts more.
Lets see how long this lasts.

1 Like

i too am the only one amongst my friends not to have covid.

however, i have no friends, so that was an easy threshold.

1 Like

This used to be my ringtone a long time ago.

1 Like

correct and now we are not.

1 Like

I thought we were friends :frowning:

CORRECTION! I have ONE friend.

One of the university students I take fishing needed a lift yesterday. It was the end of his 5th day of isolation for covid. I sent 3 hours in the car with him, riskiest thing I’ve done since covid started.
So, do I have covid now?

1 Like

[most helpful response ever on the internet]Well, your chances are greater than zero, but certainly less than one. [/mhreoti]

Well, my understanding is 5 days quarantine is a compromise between medical professionals who think 7-10 days is more appropriate and the public/employers who want to get back to their lives/work sooner rather than later. But, if he took a home test first, you both wore a mask in the car and kept the windows at least partially open, the risk is probably pretty low. But if you didn’t, which I suspect is the case, then yeah, that’s pretty risky. I’d probably take it easy the next couple of days, keep and eye out for symptoms and take a home test later this week.