The covid virgins club

As far as I know, I’m still in. Given my health history, I seriously doubt that I’d be asymptomatic…because my wife certainly isn’t.

uh oh, covid alert has be raised to medium in new york. MY VIRGIN STATUS IS AT RISK!

went to a homebrew festival thing this weekend. thought it would be more crowded but it was all outdoors and didn’t have to wait in giant lines for anything. fingers crossed i’m still in the club. not a mask in sight all weekend.

I don’t think I’d worry too much about contracting covid at an outdoor event.

2 Likes

Agree, that’s why I went. But there were so many beards. Like guys with beards growing from their other beards. Surprisingly a really mellow crowd. Will probably go again next year.

Just took an at home test that came back positive. My exposure notification indicates it was probably an outdoor music festival last weekend.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. Hope you’re not feeling too bad.

Thanks. No real symptoms.

I have been a bit tired, but that has been off and on for about 20 years (j/k - but I do have kids in their early 20s so not entirely). I have been tired but I have been working a bunch so I can’t necessarily point to that given I sleep fine and wake up feeling refreshed. I certainly wouldn’t call it fatigue.

I just hope I didn’t spread it to anyone else, I have been in and out of meetings all week so have been in close proximity to quite a few people. But that is fairly normal for me as well.

2 Likes

My son has covid. He had a high fever a day before he tested positive. (He tested negative that day.) My husband was with him on Tuesday. I guess we’ll see how this household goes.

Meanwhile, my DIL is anxious, and my son is still feeling really shitty. But his fever is down today.

Uh oh. I may be attending a big music fest on Sunday. Fingers crossed.

I’m in DC this weekend. Is this my time?! Probably the riskiest thing I’ve done in a while. I did drive though, at least.

1 Like

It was packed. And a large part of the time I was at a tent stage so air flow and wasn’t all that great.

And my wife, who was with me, tested negative and has no symptoms.

Hope you feel better and she stays negative.

Thinking good thoughts for all of you.

Yet another “Your child has had close exposure …” letter and yet another negative test.

I tested today because someone decided to give me a cold the literal second I was feeling a bit better in the abdomen/gut areas. I guess my lungs upwards wasn’t getting enough of the action. Still no COVID.

What is weird is I’ve only been around other Sox family members for a long while and nobody was sick.

Covid level back to high in New York. I’m currently at a spa resort where pretty much nobody is wearing a mask. It’s like covid is over, except it’s rising again.

Since we are at this resort my father is in assisted living for 2 weeks. He is enjoying himself there but since the attitude has been covid is over they resumed the fun activities that makes him like it there, but covid levels are again high. I hope he remains covid free. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah; I hope you both do.

But there is something to be said for quality of life. If your father is enjoying where he’s at then that’s something. Hopefully they take other precautions like masking.

I’m hearing there is a pill now that wipes out covid fast if you do get it. Is that accurate?

Also that anyone can get it at a pharmacy now, not just high risk people.

1 Like