The covid cooties club

When they ran out of Greek letters, they could always have started borrowing from the tropical storm name lists.

Heck, I imagine The Weather Channel would have been willing to serve up names for new variants.

Oh great, I’m sure everyone will love when people are cursing the Sarah or the Bill variant… and woe be to the Karens of the world when they get to that name. Those poor gals have suffered enough.

1 Like

OK…then perhaps we should have “name the variant” contests.

Variant Virusy McVirusface anyone?

3 Likes

One of my friends named Karen actually decided to start going by Ren now. I have slipped up several times. :grimacing:

Could be worse.

You could have called her Stimpy.

I’m not sure she’d consider that worse :rofl:

I mean you can always move on to the next writing system. Cyrillic alphabet next. Then Arabic script, Hebrew, Devanagari, Mkhedruli, Amharic script, Ancient Egyptian glyphs. By the time you run out of letters, you can just start back with Greek again.

1 Like

Im on the tropical storm rotation. Wouldnt mind being named a covid variant instead. Hopefully a badass one.

1 Like

so, the person i am visiting was just exposed to covid again last night. i wasn’t there. like, this bout on december 26 will protect me. RIGHT? RIGHT???

i’m going home tomorrow night. being stuck in my apartment with covid would probably kill me with how annoyed i’d be by my neighbors.

No, I’m sorry to say. Vaccine and prior infection does not prevent new infections. But Covid just isn’t the scary disease it was in spring 2020.

Even if that prior infection was only a month ago?

I would guess that makes it less likely that either one of you will catch it.

It’s unlikely that you’d join us select few in the two-timers club, but not impossible.

My second time with COVID almost nothing, aside from being stuck at home. However, a teammate at work joined the two-timers club a couple of weeks ago and reported it worse than his first go-round. :person_shrugging:

If you do get it again, I suppose you could take the opportunity to pursue biological warfare against your annoying neighbors.

Yeah being stuck at home is my greatest fear here. Id think if i managed to catch it a month later it would be mild.

Once when upstairs bitch confronted me without a mask and i told her she better always wear a mask because i don’t want her icky covidy germs, she said she already had covid and therefore cannot spread it to me and also that its nbd

All that to say im not above this tactic. Fucking bitch.

Probably wont happen though. Friend would have to had caught it for the second time within a month first and also be contgious within 2 days since im leaving today and then my immune system would also have to fail.

TBH, I don’t know. I don’t think there’s good research about covid infections vs. time since last infection or vaccine. There should be.

My father had covid in a nursing home at the beginning of the pandemic in 2020. They kept him in the covid wing for months after he recovered and he didnt get it again, but not sure 2020 covid reinfection is the same as now

I’m guessing that you have more immunity from the strain that you caught than from other strains, so it’s a question of who had which strain when.

When i caught it, the new strain was the main one in nyc, but i wasnt in nyc, so idk. Right now im assuming the strain that was predominant in nyc is so everywhere a month later

Anecdotally, people who had a non-omicron strain often caught covid right after, but two cases of omicron close together seems rare.

Im on a plane. I can’t bring myself to wear a mask. Plus the one i grabbed is old and isnt great and dont feel like rummaging in my backpack for another one

I just had covid. The universe will hopefully take that into consideration

1 Like