The best ________

Little Mermaid or Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast.

1 Like

That song is like Adele or Celine Dion. If you’re forced to listen to them a few times in a quick interval they just wear you out. Overly powerful songs basically.

Yep my generation had some good ones.

Candle on the Water (Helen Reddy) from Pete’s Dragon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Aladdin or Lion King

It’s not the bigness. I think it’s just that I don’t care for the character. And when the song suddenly starts “oh, and I really like to gamble”, it’s just weird.

1 Like

That show has several great songs. That is the best one though.

1 Like

How has no one brought up Tarzan?? Phil Collins FTW. And he sang it in a bunch of different languages himself, so the German soundtrack to Tarzan is awesome as well.

1 Like

best disney song is “it’s a small world”

c’mon now

1 Like

I was at a book club meeting last week with a bunch of people with no kids and they all LOVED Encanto and especially “We don’t Talk about Bruno.”

Ok now that I think about it they are all therapists, so that’s kinda funny.

Thirding, Moana was a great movie with an absolute horrid scene shoved in… maybe for runtime? Partner and I were loving it and got to that, just kept looking at each other with blank faces and back at the screen.

Don’t care to ever rewatch it now, rest was good, don’t feel like watching a movie I have to skip through.

The ship with the whatever-those-things-were was weird and didn’t seem to do anything for the story too.

1 Like

[tan]I think I’ve ever seen only one animated Disney movie all the way through: Fantasia. And a handful of ‘live action’ films: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Swiss Family Robinson, The Love Bug, Tron. I did not include any Touchstone movies; I don’t consider them “Disney” films, even though the company owns the studio. Just like I don’t consider the marvel movies Diseny flix.[/tan]

Sitting through ALL of Fantasia is for suckers.

1 Like

I do a lot of things that are for suckers, so it seems. Even traveling. Though that is usually under duress.

I feel like the song was for comic relief. And yeah, I love Moana, but not that particular song.

As for the rest of the scene - retrieving the magic fish hook from the crab in the realm of monsters, maybe to make the story more exciting / dangerous???

They had to somehow explain why Maui hasn’t been active for 1,000 years. Being stuck on an island without his fish hook or a boat would do it (although you’d think he could’ve made a boat in 1,000 years… sheesh).

This was sort of based on actual history mixed with legend. Polynesian wayfinders explored much of the Pacific over several centuries, then suddenly stopped… I think for roughly a thousand years, then started up again and as I understand it anthropologists aren’t completely sure why “the long pause” happened… just that it did. The movie is Disney’s take on the end of the long pause.

You think he’s smarter than a guy who can make a telephone system from some coconuts but couldn’t fix a hole in the boat?

1 Like

You’re talking about the guy who invented coconuts which he made from an eel!!!

1 Like

The best marvel movie

I’m mostly thinking movies in the MCU, but the others are getting pulled in anyways…

For me, the original Avengers movie is the best.

Capt America: The Winter Soldier