The Attempted Coup of the United States of America

The Republican Party, 2001: We will never negotiate with terrorists and anyone who tries to appease them in any way supports terrorism.

The Republican Party, 2021: Please don’t do anything that might upset the terrorists.

terrorists can’t be white people

1 Like

Yes, I think it is likely she is a bad actor given her support of the Q.

Republican Party of 2021 - we are the terrorists.

1 Like

arrested zip tie guy

Zip dude’s lawyer saying " he found them in the Capitol and wanted to make sure no one bad took them…prolly needs a better lawyer

If you say it enough times, it becomes true for about 40% of America. 0.4^12 might be the best chance the guy has.

He doesn’t really need all 12 - hang a couple of jurries and prosecuters might give up.

Lindsey Graham wrote

• president-elect Biden has the power to do something about this for the good of the country if he chooses. I hope he will. It will take actions, not words, to bring the country together.

and

• I firmly believe impeachment would further destroy our ability to heal and start over.

Any good first aid class tells you that the first thing you need to do is make sure the area is safe. The time for healing is AFTER ensuring safety.

Insurrectionists that stormed the Capitol are discovering they are on the no fly list.

3 Likes

A lot of people involved in the riot are suddenly discovering that all the tools used to look for RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS that they loved and applauded and cheered for over the years are just as useful when trying to find them.

Do not be surprised if (when) all of these people get a blanket pardon late on 1/19 or early on 1/20. I would put odds at 1:3 or better.

1 Like

two cops died.

that lowers the odds considerably
and if he does, increases odds of impeachment and conviction

It’s kind of cute that you think he cares about two police officers that are dead from a riot he instigated. Because he doesn’t. They’re not even passing laments for him. They’re expendable pieces if he can achieve what he wants: unlimited power to rule the nation as he sees fit, in complete defiance of the Constitution and the rules that (supposedly) govern this nation. Even if he can’t achieve what he wants, they’re still expendable - just like everyone and everything around him.

He doesn’t care about impeachment and conviction. He will merely lash out and try to instigate his followers to go after anyone they think, while continuing to fund-raise off them for his own enrichment. It’s all about him and his narcissism and his primal needs, and they’re getting really primal. Self-preservation. Wealth. Harming anyone he thinks has crossed him or has been insufficiently loyal. Rallying as many people as he possibly can to “defend” him by trashing everything around them. Or maybe even quite literally going to wherever he is and being his private unpaid defense corps.

He is Humpty Dumpty and Jim Jones in the final days. Words mean whatever he wants them to at that time. His supporters will listen and obey without questioning, and they will believe the desired ends justify whatever means achieve them - even if it means the potential destruction of the Republic and everything the Founding Fathers stood for. When he fails, he will be every failed leader who realized their time was over and left on a midnight flight for some unknown destination where they could hide out and try to escape punishment, with whatever assets he can take with him. The only difference is that I’m not sure he might even take his family with him when he flees.

Can you impeach an ex-President? Serious question.

No clue but it sounds like bad precedent even if warranted.

Seems like actual prosecution would be better, and much less political.

1 Like

I think you start the process while President, but not required to complete the process while in office

1 Like

Good people, on both sides…

It may mean nothing more than prohibiting him from holding federal office in the future. I hardly think other members of his party would shed a tear over that.

He has very little political capital. The Republican Party will not welcome him back any time soon. He won election in 2016, with both houses of Congress in his party’s control. He loses n 2020, and now all three are in Democratic hands. Losing on that scale hasn’t been done since 1892.

Politics is about winning elections. Sure, he can fire up a small segment of voters, and he is a money machine for certain media outlets. But in the end, he’s not made many friends, made a lot of enemies, and he owes a lot of money. Things are not looking all that rosy.

How do they get rid of Trump without alienating his supporters that they need to win the election? My Trumpian in-laws didn’t think Wednesday was a big deal. If he gets a megaphone back, he will remain in the picture.

Why would he care about that? I bet he does pardon his muscle. He wants them in the loose to help his next move, whatever it is.

Dunno about that. He still has ardent supporters. How many congressmen are beholden to his deplorables?