The 20 Fastest Growing Jobs in the Next Decade

Yes, actuaries are on there. We’re orange (computer & mathematical)

1 Like

Switchboard operators also made the list, so we’re in good company.

1 Like

I think this uses base salary.

I was surprised to find out that my best friend from college who works at amazon and isn’t even a software engineer makes around 300k a year with stock.

And my other friend who’s 28 who is a software engineer at google just bought a 2 million dollar condo.

Amazon has like a max salary cap at 180k I think. So most of their $$ is in stock.

Ugh.
I chose the wrong profession.

1 Like

They’re on there for declining however. Sad for them.

What it uses is the BLS definition of “actuary”, which includes actuarial students, etc. I think they’re going by actual median income.

Calling bullshit on that chart. I don’t see “cryptocurrency developers” or “NFT developers” anywhere.

1 Like

My brain hurts. Sometimes I think it’s better to just have one graph per pair of variables.

1 Like

The con is that you have to work for Amazon

I don’t really care about what company I work for so long that I get paid.

Go work for Amazon then

I CAN’T. I tried. I’m too weak. My credential is worthless.

Fucking actuarial societies. Obviously the answer here is that we need to be experts in supply chains and shipping. Maybe we need to look for hippogriffs that can help us expand into that area.

2 Likes

Are we gonna end up with another wave of students with P, FM, etc that can’t find jobs??? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

#2. Ohferbeepsake, just pass a “series of exams” and that’s all she wrote!!! :roll_eyes: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

She’s clearly low stress

passing exams is kind of misleading. most people don’t know that you pass exams AS YOU WORK, which is much better than having to pass all exams before you can get a job

It’s also a little misleading to say “low stress” when most people (just general population) can’t pass the exams.

Even if you restrict to STEM grads, it’s a bit iffy.

So yeah, IF you can get through the credentialing process, it’s not too bad. For the folks who can get through it, it is more pleasant than alternatives, such as grad school (I know), because you can make money and learn some useful skills while doing the exams.

1 Like

“But I wanna do something to make a DIFFERENCE in the world!!”