______ that reminds you of another poster

Should go for a shower root beer then

3 Likes

or shower root beer float

6 Likes

At LHQS, snack time, they have cookies. The first table was picked over so the only ones remaining were Raisin cookies!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Cool

1 Like

I have an understanding of both about equally.

2 Likes

At the AYCE Chinese buffet yesterday, they put out surf clam and TUNA SASHIMI!!! :yum: :sushi: :fish:

What’s “surf claim?”

1 Like

Fixed. :woozy_face: :man_facepalming:

what is a surf clam?

1 Like

Not to be confused with a surf claim, which is prolly a specialized P&C coverage.

1 Like
1 Like

I was brushing my teeth this morning while wearing a collared shirt.

2 Likes

Drove 1200 miles yesterday to get back from Seattle. We were going to split up the drive but figured what the heck and just pushed all the way home.

2 Likes

Did you do all 1200 in one day? Even at 100 mph that is still 12 hours of driving

It ended up about 17 hours. Weaselette and I split the driving and the kids watched the first 4 Harry Potter movies.

3 Likes

I’ve done 1,000 miles in a day with a little kid in the car and with slightly lower speed limits than in much of the northwest.

1,200 with no kid and high speed limits is stretching the bounds of what I’d consider doable, but within them. Figure you’ll need to refuel twice at 12 minutes each stop and maybe two other pit stops at 5-6 minutes each that’s 35 minutes of stoppage and ~16.5 hours of driving at an average speed of 73 mph. If the speed limit is in the 75 - 80 mph range and you don’t hit significant construction or traffic that seems doable.

ETA: Oh multiple kids most likely means more stops and thus a higher average speed.

young me could drive almost 1000 miles solo in one shot. the end miles of that were rough.

now, the thought of 700 in a day has me pre-emptively sore

Newer cars have more comfortable seats and features like adaptive cruise control and lane centering make a long trip less taxing than it used to be.

1 Like