Sweet 16 Salary Cap Game - 2024

Houston, Arizona, Alabama, Gonzaga

This is a game to pick losers, right? Right???

1 Like

Outdoorman, Kid Rock, Ultimate look to be at the top of the standings…

KidRock 73
OutdoorMan 67
UltimateAnyone 60
MountainHawk 56
YankeeTripper 52
now_samantha 49
Ezekial 44
PatientZombie 21
PapaSmurf 20
Arby 12
Numerical Neuroticism 0

Yuck… although my original picks didn’t do too much better.

The math on the top spot is annoyingly tricky for a Monday… but @OutdoormanNowActuary has Purdue and @Kid_Rock has Alabama and a 6 point lead. Betting odds favor a tie… let’s put total points for the whole weekend (3 games) as the tiebreaker… please submit by Saturday.

UA? and MntnHawk look to be in the running for third, while the rest of us can sit back and know that our time in this game is over.

i was just taking a look as well. i have kid at 71 and samantha at 47 so one of us did something wrong. i didn’t calculate anyone in the bottom 5. if Purdue wins and Alabama loses or Purdue beats Alabama in the finals, @OutdoormanNowActuary wins, otherwise @Kid_Rock wins?

I distinctly remember skipping Alabama since Alabama was going to play UConn in the regional final…
:man_facepalming:

KidRock 71
OutdoorMan 67
UltimateAnyone 60
MountainHawk 56
YankeeTripper 52
now_samantha 47
Ezekial 44
PatientZombie 21
PapaSmurf 20
Arby 12
Numerical Neuroticism 0

Papa Smurf is also Mathematically Accurate Smurf, who was never featured on the show. But I still like the tiebreaker scenario, so send those in for funsies.

OutdoorMan 85
KidRock 83
MountainHawk 74
now_samantha 65
UltimateAnyone 60
Ezekial 56
YankeeTripper 52
PatientZombie 33
Arby 24
PapaSmurf 18
Numerical Neuroticism 0

Congrats to @OutdoormanNowActuary for winning the #th annual Sweet 16 Salary Cap Game! He also guessed my random tiebreaker (points over the entire Final Four), missing by just 44, while @Kid_Rock declined to guess, but still took the silver medal. @Mountainhawk finished in third, both 9 points above and below the nearest competitors (math fun!)

Come on back next year, assuming I remember to post the game!

UNC UCON they are almost the same right? oh well I chose poorly between those two. Congrats Outdoorman

:laughing:

I thought it would be a much more high scoring game than that

1 Like