Superbowl LVI Commercials

I was not expecting a Turkish Airlines commercial

Didn’t Morgan Freeman play a Turkish guy in Robin Hood?

1 Like

I believe it was technically a Moor.

2 Likes

Not a Moop, Bubble Boy?

4 Likes

I guess we can get our guac on…

The U.S. is lifting a ban on inspections of Mexican avocados, freeing the way for exports to resume.
:avocado:

1 Like

Just want you to know: your Star Tribune is not worth the subscription, so I didn’t read.

1 Like

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions ← clicky clicky
Happy Papi?

Can someone explain this quote from numbers “Outline” article?

“It’s requiring Americans to really ask themselves, do they want to pay more to have a quality product or do they want to kind of look the other way and be able to slice their toast accordingly?”

I’ve never heard that phrase before…does it have something to do with avocado toast?

It’s made in the context of the previous three paragraphs (emphasis added):

If your question is about slicing toast . . . Yuppie Millennials have some weird vocabularies.

Yes, my question was about “and be able to slice their toast accordingly.”

I understood the rest in context, the “slice their toast” just didn’t make sense. Maybe had he said, “spread their toast” or “cover their toast”, I might have understood better.

“To Slice toast” means “to add a slice of something to one’s toast”?

Idiots. Yes, every single one of them using this phrase in this manner.

Must be a west coast thing. Cause you don’t fall into most of the other categories I would think to put this in.

I have never heard that phrase before. Might be a West L.A. thing or South O.C. thing. Or an “industry” thing.

Nothing on Google, so maybe my first thought is wrong.
Only a “how to slice a sandwich/toast – horizontally, vertically or diagonally, for presentation before eating it.”
And that,… depends on what I’m eating. PB (no J, as J sucks – messy, mainly), I’m just folding over. A Sourdough Melt (thin pear slices, prosciutto, and grated sharp cheddar): I cut slightly slanted, about 30 degrees off vertical, as the sourdough is wide. Most other sandwiches I’m not cutting at all. One more thing to do before I eat? Stop wasting my time!!

But, it seems more to mean, “Take what you get, and live with it.” (Whatever “it” is.)