Super Bowl LVIII Super Poll III

See Poll II results here.

Vote with your heart…feel free to change your vote from last time or keep it the same…

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII?

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII?
  • Ravens
  • 49ers
  • Chiefs
  • Lions

0 voters

I saw nothing this weekend to hop off my Ravens vote.

1 Like

Ravens are the least evil option remaining. Lamar for president!

If niners play this poorly next week it will be Ravens destroying the lions

1 Like

As someone who has lived through perennial rebuilding status, it’s hard for me not to empathize with and cheer for the Lions.

3 Likes

But then you could never empathize with them again. You sure you want to waste it on this year?

3 Likes

I guess. Ultimately for me I’m rooting for not-Waaaaahomes/Travis Swift.

1 Like

I pity whichever team I vote for, both of my prior picks are out.

3 Likes

What you’re saying is … you’re a jinx? Then keep it going and vote for the Chiefs.

2 Likes

I have a feeling the Ravens will have to beat the Chiefs and the Refs next week. Just way too much $$$ on the line with a Taylor Swift SB in sight.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree with you on this, but want to see if I understand your implication. Are you suggesting that the NFL would somehow make more ad revenue if Chiefs are in the SB? In my head, all of the ads are already paid for by now, unless there is some sort of contractual language dictating the price being paid for air time is contingent on the actual viewership numbers. Or are you thinking future revenue due to more casual fans watching in subsequent years?

They probably think Taylor Swift being at the Sb will positively effect viewership which would lead to hire future add sales. But that’s just speculation.

I personally don’t expect any funny officiating over anticipated viewership.

1 Like

Ditto

And, just how obnoxious and insufferable will their fans be after this?

Might be better to root for a team whose fans know how to act as if they’ve been there before, because they have.

All that said, yeah, DET. I’ll take the risk.

In NBA, MLB and NHL viewership can vary more than 2x depending on which teams make it. Super Bowl is remarkably consistent from year to year.

That’s because all previous SBs were Taylor Swift-less

3 Likes

Better commercials IMO.

A lot easier to throw a party on the single game day rather than a best of 7 series.

1 Like

I apologize to everyone on this thread since I picked the Bills and then the Ravens. I will not make the same mistake for the Super Bowl

2 Likes