Super Bowl LV Prop Betting Game

Someone on Barstool stood outside of Raymond James stadium during the rehearsals. You could hear the anthem being played and they took a video of their phone, timing the anthem being played (and clearly being over).

Scores later today or this week… streaker finally hit! (I’m counting it, that was enough skin for me)

I only hit on my MVP bet…finish with $8

2 on Gronk first TD = 36

Guess Tab decided they better cover Tyrone Hill this game. Busted.

Bucs were really close to an O-line TD

Not relevant to the GoA moral hazard risk, but this link The Super Bowl Streaker May Have Made $374,000 During His Epic Run | The Breakfast Club says

The house cleaned up this year…

A Student wins it with a whopping $37 (amazingly hit the 4-way parlay that took down most of this, and his MVP pick)
KidRock juuuuuust missed with $36
Zeke is the only other person with cash to spare, $12

Thanks for the donations from VorianA, 1695814, YankTripper, AbsAct, glassy, Outdoorman, IPD, SteveG, and TheArbitrary!

The Mahomes over on passing yards was clearly the Achilles heel… or torn plantar plate… of our gambling.

I’ve always wondered how this wasn’t a bigger thing. Make this bet, then pay a drunk $10K to go out on the field during the game. It’s solid investing.

Let me go check the investors page on reddit and see what they’re scheming for next year.

Woohoo!

Thanks for the game.

I wonder what the real “Vegas” rules are on this. Does “O-line” mean one of the 5 declaring as an eligible receiver (assuming they can do this), or in this case, they added a 6th O line member who was the target of a pass. The only way I can think of for a O line member (without declaring eligible) to make a TD is by deflection or fumble recovery. I don’t know the rules well enough to be sure.

I was surprised KC didn’t try more (any?) jet sweeps with Hill. TB had a good defensive plan, I think KC receivers let Mahomes down (seemed like more than the two drops to me), and he wasn’t 100%. Once their production fell, TB was able to chew up clock and yards by running. At 1.5, I was sure one Brady scramble would cover. KC defense’s close cover style ran into a tight calling ref. Ouch.

https://www.silive.com/sports/2021/02/super-bowl-streaker-tries-to-collect-375k-bet-but-gets-shut-down-by-sports-book.html?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=statenislandadvance_sf&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1UY3evU31XZjxHF4hGV0bazQOd-HhrA9bf3AJrd1iF9mkvJ49T2Xpi39s

Bovada is planning not to pay off on the streaker

Not surprising at all. This is essentially the prop bet version of shaving points.