Stocks go up down up down up down up

Oh my…wsj.com is giving me a big “502” error.

Just last week I moved a big chunk of my ira into “cash”. Lucky me.

On to the googles…SP500 is only down ~1% right now. Maybe it’s the start of something bigger…maybe it’s a nothing burger.

Fed futures are still showing not much of a chance of a rate increase until very-late 2022…maybe not until 2023…and then another one in late 2023. Of course, those expectations can change quickly…my point is the talking heads are bringing up inflation and how that will affect fed policy, but the futures markets haven’t picked up on it yet…yet…

back to back days of big hits to the market.

could be nothing.

Likely just some volatility. my bigger worry is housing market issues over the next few years.

Oh…I didn’t pay attention to yesterday…hang on…okay, yeah, yesterday was down ~1% as well.

From my perspective, it would be nice to see stocks go “on sale”.

1 Like

my portfolio is about 50% equities right now.

I could see buying a dip.

add: my short term portfolio is 50%. my long term stuff is always just 100%

it’ll have to go more than -10% for me to believe it’s a correction

1 Like

this is just the market cashing out to invest in dogecoin because Elon was on SNL

update:
from wsj (Dow Drops More Than 400 Points As Stock Selloff Extends - WSJ)
“Investors are betting that inflation is likely to climb steeply in coming months”
So, these talking heads are only bringing up inflation, not fed policy…perhaps I drew that inference on my on in my head thinking about it with my mind.

I haven’t paid attention to the fed for a while (months) now, but I do recall hearing that we have a ways to go before inflation becomes a worry for them.

FED seems OK letting inflation ramp up while artificially holding rates down.

and keep pumping money into the economy at the same time.

what weird crisis are we backing into 2 years from now?

Yeah…good question

Stagflation imo… we’ll have no lever to pull when we inevitably hit a recession meanwhile we’ll have all of the inflation from the extra stimulants

3 days in a row getting hammered.

middle east + pipline disaster not helping this week.

Stock market logic this week:

Mon-wed: “OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING”
Thursday: “Buy the dip, stupid”

Anyone else watching AMC/BB/BBBY lately? I’m interested in the movement but have no position in these.

I did take a small stake in CLOV, just for grins.

I got out of my AMC last week at 65. I had bought in for under 9. That type of frothy over-exuberance is a sure sell-signal. The whole BB, BBBY makes me think traders are just buying symbols. I wouldn’t be surprised to watch BBY move just like BB and BBBY.

I’m keeping my eyes on WKHS. It seems to be in the beginning phase of the GME/AMC type relationship with traders.

:rofl:

that’s actually funny if true

And maybe CLNE as well.

good call on CLOV today. I got in and out and made a quick 10% on it today. I’m expecting a down day tomorrow for it. I might buy again if the dip is big enough

What else do you have for me?

just go to Robinhood and search for daily movers.

The only one that hasn’t been mentioned that’s on my radar is MNMD, it popped today but it’s done this before. If it deflates to about $3 I might do that again.

I sold 200 of my 300 shares of CLOV just prior to close today. Still inching up after hours, will keep an eye on this one.

I’m looking for some historical data on returns by asset class or something.

Performance Across the Decade in 7 Charts | Morningstar is somewhat helpful but it’s not user-friendly to me.

What I’m really looking for is “Which funds (net of expenses and all that stuff), over a ~30 year period, performed the best?” If I were able to hop into my time machine and go back 20 or 30 years, which fund should I put all of my money into?

There’s got to be data on this out there somewhere.