Sri Lanka economic crisis

I heard the country like imploded or something

Oh no, where will get our (Google check for major export…) textiles and garments??

Read a little of this, very interesting.
2019–present Sri Lankan economic crisis - Wikipedia.

When a company defaults, someone (creditors, usually) comes in and buys the company for a song. For what amount should we (USA) try to buy Sri Lanka, and to whom could we sell it should we financially turn it around?

consistency matters.

Yup. Probably a much better song, like “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Or “Good Vibrations.”

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

China is certainly a major creditor….

I was reading articles on the crisis in some major Indian newspapers (The Times of India and The Hindustan Times) a few weeks ago. There was a sentiment in some of the related letters to the editor that India should just annex Sri Lanka and turn it around……similar to your US idea.

However probably better for the US and India to see how an IMF bailout goes! China is undoubtedly watching with great interest.

Having been to Sri Lanka I can confidently say it is a shithole country where scammers are everywhere looking to making a quick buck instead of an honest buck. It takes years and years (most likely centuries and centuries) to develop a third world country (has it ever been done before?) I don’t think it is worth the effort from any foreign nation to attempt and accelerate the process.

Let them burn in peace