Spring 2021 Thread

Schedule F

1 Like

Taxation makes me nervous. Not a large enough sample of prior questions to feel comfortable with any of it even prior to the change.

What about NFIP, TRIA, IFRS and Solvency 2 are new going into this sitting?
Anyone here could briefly elaborate?

Thanks.

What change was made to Schedule F?

Was it the updated layout so it now looks like the current financial statements?

Yes. I think there used to be 9 parts (Iā€™m trying to forget that though).

1 Like

If you are using past exams, I made this mistake while studying my first go aroundā€¦ the range for IRIS 6 is 5.5% to 2% now. I forget what it was previously but I donā€™t really care to know either.

1 Like

I could be wrong but it may have been 2.5% to 5%.
Which is hella confusing

Yes I noticed that in some past exams it was 3 to 6.5% but it is now 2-5.5%. The study manual from TIA and past exams already had the fixed usual range though. Thanks!

You guys know some key differences between subsidiary and affiliate?

I have used them interchangeably for exam purposes. There are a couple really specific things in there maybe. I think the life insurance subsidiary offset for the operational risk in new RBC is awfully specific, and will be surprised at any related question other than a .25er asking ā€˜how can operational rbc be offset?ā€™.

But in general, no I donā€™t look at them differently. Context of the question is usually sufficient.

eta: ā€¦usuallyā€¦

I wish we had the old actuarial outpost historical threads to dig into to see what others were doing leading up to the exam dateā€¦
Losing all that past threads really suck for self assurance.

I definitely feel getting rid of the old AO has to do with this new CBT based testing.
I love how the new AO is still under construction.

Are exam questions still in order by paper with CBT, like they used to be beforehand?

I can answer this, but need some form of permission from the experienced folks. @Vorian_Atreides @Lucy ??

ā€¦you two popped in my head first.

From taking Exam 5, I know the answer unless they made a special exception to Exam 6. We all should know the answer unless you skipped last CBT sitting IMO.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure. I might want to check with the CAS.

Thatā€™s also something that, even if itā€™s true now (and i donā€™t know the answer to that question) may well change in the future. I know the CAS raced to administer CBT, and has a lot of tweaks they want to do to improve it going forward. So Iā€™m not sure how valuable the answer would be.

Thatā€™s true, CAS can always deviate from what was done in the past.

This is true. Should such a change be announced, I would consider it unusual. Iā€™ll leave it at that.

Not sure if this was mentioned on top but have people received the comprehensive result report and could you share what was on it?
I read on a thread about some people who were sure they had passed the test but disappointingly ended up with a 5.
With no more examiner reports coming out, Iā€™'m curious if it included details about what the common mistakes were.

This is a pic shared in the exam 7 thread.
Exam 6 one was very similar, with 4 sections. I had 60-69% x3 with 70-79% in the last one.

eta: so uselessā€¦

1 Like

Wow that is so useless. Why even bother. If anything just put it on the candidates account or something instead of making people wait for a physical mail with high expectation.