Something extravagant you bought just because

I was just telling OddSox about my toaster post - I tell him someone asked if it actually toasts and he’s like “That’s about where I’m at. I mean, if it’s a shitty toaster I’m gonna be a little mad I’ll be honest.” :joy:

So yes, as far as I am aware this is not just an artist’s rendition of the likeness of a retro-style toaster - it should also adequately toast toast.

are you gonna buy more than one thing for the whole feeels?

I phrased that poorly, I am sure it works, but do you also need a Toaster Oven? or do you use a pop up and use the main oven for reheating and small cooking jobs

I’m already all brand mismatched (and according to my ex-boyfriend - and the guy at the luxury appliance store - mismatching brands is for poor people and people who buy their fridges at the Brick).

Right, yes we are down a small oven at this point and will just use the main.

Mismatching brands is also for people who know what they want, and get it.

2 Likes

I feel that (as this came up when I suggested we don’t buy the stupidly expensive Thermador wine fridge and just get a small one). They actually laughed at me. We didn’t end up with a wine fridge.

My wine fridge was around $250 and holds around 18 bottles, two temperature zones.
Rarely have more than 25 bottles in the house

No idea if that is expensive or not

You’re good https://www.thermador.com/us/products-list/refrigeration/wine-refrigeration

Wines don’t last more than 1 day at my place. I don’t know what I’d put in the fridge

Have you considered buying several extravagant wine bottles just because?

2 Likes

ha! I’m no connoisseur. All alcohol tastes the same to me. My goal is to get the alcoholz in my body.

The fridges help get and keep the wines at the preferred drinking temp.

Serve red wines slightly cooler than room temperature, between 62–68 degrees F (15–20 °C).

Generally speaking, serve white wines slightly warmer than fridge temperature, between 49-55 degrees F (7–12 °C).

ur doing it rong. esp with wine

I do not have central air, so in the summer, the wine in the rack was getting absurdly hot. One actually leaked through the cork.

I assume JsM just means he buys wine when he intends to serve wine, he keeps none in the house

I do like alcohol that are not sweet but doesn’t taste like poison. Dry red wine hits the spot. But that’s about it. Any “notes” are lost on me past that point, so I just go for the cheapest wine.

Pretty much. I have friends that have wine cellars with like 400 bottles of wines. I don’t get how one would ever get to them unless you have a wedding or something.

That is excessive to me, but for some people it is a collectable. If I had my way I would do that with books, even if I couldn’t read them all.

I like having choices, but the fridge as I said above was practical

We go wine tasting for a few days every year (either up in the Finger Lakes or out on the North Fork of Long Island).

We come back with anywhere between 10 and 20 bottles for our selves, and we usually buy a case of something to give away as gifts or bring to gatherings), so we have to store them somewhere.

We keep most of it in the basement where its cool all year round. We fill up the wine fridge, and replace bottles after we use a few of them, or if we know we want a particular one that night, we’ll put it in to get it to temp.

For our table wine, I’ll usually just pick up a bottle or two on my way home.

We are far from wine snobs, but we do appreciate a good tasting glass.

I get deliveries from Bedell, used to get from Coffee Pot as well

Try south shore sometime, only four wineries, but I generally like them better, particularly Wollfer Estates