Something extravagant you bought just because

RN

I’m thinking of getting some custom dining room chairs.

Soapstone counters. I know, they are soft stone and won’t look new for very long. But hey, nothing in my house is new, I’m totally fine with some patina. But these are going to look about as period-correct as it gets and I love that.

I am glad we don’t have too much more to pick out for this bath remodel, I’m getting a little bit tired of all the hunting.

2 Likes

What kind of chairs? What kind of wood? And what kind of finish?

This is a big decision, you’re going to own these chairs forever, and hopefully pass them down.

We need home improvement thread where we post pix!

2 Likes

Something like this

but from someone closer to me, and cheaper. Cherry seat and top, maple poles and tiger maple legs.

1 Like

Next time I have something post-worthy I will start up a thread.

1 Like

Those are really classy. Almost like a streamlined Windsor chair. I haven’t gone too far down the rabbit hole on dining chairs, but I like those an awful lot.

I’m in a walnut sort of mood lately, but cherry and maple… you’re not wrong.

Not really extravagant, but I did buy the Lego Gingerbread house set. For myself.

5 Likes

Thought it could take months to get a Vespa here from Italy given the current state of affairs. Took 31 days. Thankfully it was about 65° today so I could drive it the 35 miles home.

4 Likes

My toaster oven committed suicide over the weekend so I needed a toaster, but I may not have needed a $260 toaster.

4 Likes

It’s cute enough to warrant the price tag, you’re good.

1 Like

Is it functional? I haven’t had a pop-up toaster in 25 years

35 miles on a moped? F that

So typically people use “moped” when they mean “scooter”, but a moped usually has pedals and a weaker engine than a scooter, at least according to my state’s vehicle laws and Wikipedia.

My scooter gets up to 55, 60 mph. What’s so bad about driving 35 miles on that?

I love all the SMEG stuff. I see them on Sak’s website all the time.

Never bought anything though but they’re cute to look at.

1 Like

Mine does 60mph on a flat road. Not ‘interstate’ fast but it was fine on state highways. The alternative to get it home from the dealership would have been to rent a truck or box van, way too much hassle.

1 Like

z

Because I’m a grown up and own a car and don’t live in Rome.

F that.

1 Like