SOA Annual Meeting 2021

I see that the annual meeting has been extended and looks like it will have both in person and virtual aspects. Questions:

1. Will most companies support in person attendance (assuming they did pre-Covid)?

2. If companies support in person CPD, will they be willing to pay for the additional days?

3. Will there be more CPD opportunities at this meeting, justifying the additional time and expense?

I really need to get on the CPD for this year…

They’ve decided to do some odd branding for the meeting:

I saw what they were up to earlier (I forget what the other choice was, but ImpACT is fine as far as it goes)

I’m hoping to go in person. As of now, the company is supporting it (they also did previously), but will pull back if there’s another wave in the fall. I’m a bit apprehensive that they will mess this up. No way I can justify extra days, so I’m hoping the core meeting is similar…I really liked the meetings previously, but not sure what they are doing here - guess we’ll see in a few weeks!

So it looks like either in person or virtual is 3 days but they overlap on Wed, making it look like a 5 days meeting.

There is nothing on the agenda that is compelling to me.

I will attend virtually but ONLY bc I need the CPD. Most of the agenda is tangential to my job. Hopefully next year will be better. Or maybe there will be at least one webinar that suits my needs.

1 Like