Snore prevention

I imagine that was with a HDHP. We went with the in home sleep study because it was way cheaper and I felt like my husband’s sleep apnea was so clear that any version of a sleep study would recognize it.

1 Like

In Home wasn’t presented as an option to my husband at the time. I’m not sure anyone knew he had sleep apnea until he did the study.

Hmm, we had a “in the lab” study (not in the home). And we definitely weren’t on a HDHP. But out-of-network is probably what got you.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d never heard if an in home study until reading this thread. Hubby’s was on site and then after they diagnosed him with sleep apnea then he went back and they hooked him up to a CPAP and tried out various settings until they decided on his settings.

Seems like it was all covered by insurance but I don’t exactly recall. It was a while ago. We definitely had some out of pocket expense, especially for the travel unit.

The in home study wasn’t offered as an option. My husband asked about it to save money and the doctor agreed. I don’t remember the numbers other than it was hundreds vs thousands. One of the few times that the HDHP resulted in us shopping around for a cheaper option. Like I said though, he clearly had sleep apnea. You could hear him stop breathing over and over again. I recorded him snoring and when he listened to the recording, it scared him enough to go in.

1 Like

The newer machines are not as noisy.

Nope. In home is all they do now in my state. I was in network. I’m surprised if you had a test in the last 5 years and it was in a lab. My state is not usually “ahead” in these ways.

I got my so a device called Smart Nora for Christmas this year. It has an inflatable bag that goes under your pillow then throughout the night it listens for snoring & inflates/deflates to slightly change the snorer’s body position. It’s been effective so far. Only downside is that when we watch TV in bed it sometimes the bass as snoring.

1 Like

It was between 2010 and 2015. Can’t remember exactly when.

My husband’s $5k test in a lab was in the last six years.

1 Like

1 Like