Shortcuts

Instead of searching for whoever asked and answered these months ago, it would be nice to have a central spot for them.

So:

“Striking out” text:
strike this out
[ s ] strike this out [ / s ]
but without the spaces.

Italics: highlight the text, then “ctrl-i” Or, highlight then click on the slanted “I” (not racist!) on the menu above.
Can also type a “*” at the beginning and end of text.

Bold: highlight the text, then “ctrl-b” Or, highlight then click on the bold B on the menu above.
Can also type “**” at the beginning and end of text.

Underline: underlined text
use [ u ] underlined text [ / u ]
but without the spaces

Spoiler Alert / Hide Details:
Highlight text, then click the gear on the menu above, then click “hide details.”

change font color:
\textcolor{red}{\text{I'm being sarcastic}}

\textcolor{red}{\text{I’m being sarcastic}}
but a dollar dollar sign at the front and at the end.

If anyone has any more, add them here, and I’ll add them to the OP.

2 Likes

You can also type out the [ details], [ /details ] yourself

1 Like

\textcolor{red}{\text{Oh, "details," "details,"... no one wants to hear about those!!}}

Oh, can someone put a tack in this, so it doesn’t die a miserable death in a few months?

This goes off the end of the (phone) screen, and I can’t quote it to see the rest because long pressing brings up a math menu instead of ordinary long press menu.

“spoiler” tags will do a blurred spoiler

You can also quote a post and the “keyboard” tags will also show up.

Oh, but in the math menu, I was able to set the scaling to 50% to see it all (on a phone screen).

Thanks, Lucy!

You can make a line/paragraph of your post “embiggened” by using a dash (or multiple dashes; no additional effects however) on the line below your embiggened line/paragraph:

Normal

This one has a dash

Norm Bold

Dashed Bold

Italics

Dashed

Test

Cool!

And apparently, this also adds a “hyperlink” to the beginning of the line that will move that part of the post “to the top” of the screen.