Shortages and stuff

I bought a whole lot of blades during a Costco sale once. I still had a lot of them left when they discontinued that model but then I lost the handle. I couldn’t use those blades until several years later when I visited Portugal and found they were still selling the old version.

1 Like

Let’s not forget this lovely printer interaction:

Me: Hey printer, please print this Black and White document for me. You have plenty of black ink!

Printer: I am out of cyan.

Me: That’s ok, just print b&w, as I know you have plenty of black ink.

Printer: F.U. I am out of motherf&$%ing CYAN!

3 Likes

:flushed:

Oops! I meant 5 for $25! I will fix it.

ETA: fixed!

1 Like

There are a few options:

The color+ black cartridge pack is $50.
Or they have an option where they will send you cartridges as needed and it starts at less than $10/month. And you get 6 months free. We don’t print a ton these days and apparently these cartridges will dry out so I’m trying this approach.

The cartridges for the old printer had gone up to $200. The new printer was $94.

2 Likes

Printed something just now and it looks like crap and the printer is making a ton of noise. Do I buy more ink, buy a laser jet printer, drive to work and print there… decisions!!!

1 Like

Why not employ someone from the local monastery?

Just like old times!!

4 Likes

I hope this breakdown helps:

1. Do you ever need to print in color? If so, you’ll probably want a color printer.
  2. Do you print often, but not in heavy volume? InkJet should be fine.
  3. Do you print sparingly? LaserJet is better cuz the ink won’t dry out.
  4. Do you print often, and in heavy volume? LaserJet is better (imo), but try to look at PPM stat.
  5. What other stuff do you need your printer to do? Connected to wifi? Fax? Scan? Two-sided? Etc.
  6. Do you want it to catch on fire? Check Sabre.
1 Like

Read in a high voice

Higher!!

Also, when Jo decides to interrogate everyone about it, Michael refuses to answer her questions.
Jo: “Speak!”
One of her dogs: “Rauww-rauww”
(Priceless look on Jo’s face)

1 Like

I print rarely, but if I am it’s often a photo, so if I buy anything it will be a color laser jet. The ink drying out is a big problem.

Online is nice… it’s nice to be able to print from my phone. Scanning is nice. I won’t need that feature often, but it’s nice to have. Fax… probably don’t do that often enough to worry about, but if it can use my cell phone number to fax from then that might be cool.

Oh and I don’t want it to catch fire! :wink:

1 Like

Oh, and I would like to avoid this exchange with my printer if at all possible (whether laser jet or ink jet).

1 Like

I wonder if my color ink is used for black or shades therein?
Because I sure do run out of color far more often, and I print in black and white far more often.

I think it can be. My FIL used to remove the color cartridge for B&W printing and then put it back in when he was done.

Certainly if you send a black & white document to the printer and it prints “in color” then it will even though there is no color to print. If you say B&W … not sure. Might depend on the printer.

So…I bought a piano…

In an apartment??? I think i hate you for your neighbors

Don’t you have one?

An acoustic upright that isnt electronic and therefore you can’t use headphones and all your neighbors will hear you? No. My upstairs neighbor does and it is the reason we have been feuding for a year and part of the reason why i keep escaping my apartment to live with other people and the reason i need to eventually sell my place.

I do have an acoustic upright at my parents house, not in my apartment. I have a digital piano in my apartment with headphones

And you are moving into your place yourself? Cause I don’t see the delivery people taking covid tests on arrival.

1 Like