Secret TRUMP w/QAnon Sauce

The game can be played with anywhere from 5-10 players. Rules/logistics are in the “Spoiler” below (click the triangle to the side).

Game Rules

The Basics

The setting is 2010s Mid-America. There are two teams, QAnon and the Moderates. One of the QAnon will be Secret Trump, which will be explained below. The teams will be enumerated as follows:

5 players: 3M, 1Q+T
6 players: 4M, 1Q+T
7 players: 4M, 2Q+T
8 players: 5M, 2Q+T
9 players: 5M, 3Q+T
10 players, 6M, 3Q+T

*When there are an even number of players, the Melanija Knavs Rule (to be explained below) will be in effect.

QAnon win if 6 Far Right (FR) policies are passed, or if Trump is elected VP after 3 FR policies are passed. The Moderates win if 5 Moderate (M) policies are passed, or if Trump is assassinated.

Melanija Knavs Rule:
With an even number of players, a tie vote is considered a fail UNLESS three (or more) FR policies have been passed. In this case, if Trump is the nominated VP, a tie vote is considered a passed government and the QAnon win.

Before the Game

You will be assigned one of three roles: Moderate, QAnon, or Trump. If you are Moderate, that will be all that you know. If you are QAnon, you will be told who your Far Right teammates are as well as who Trump is. If you are Trump, unless there are only 5-6 players, you will NOT know who your QAnon teammates are.

You will be assigned a seat number as well. Seat 1 will be the first President, and the Presidency will be passed down the list one at a time. It will go back to seat 1 if it gets to the bottom of the list and the game isn’t over yet.

The Policy Deck

The policy deck will have 6 Moderate policies and 11 Far Right policies at the start of the game. Once there are fewer than 3 cards remaining in the deck, they are immediately placed with the other discarded policies and a new deck is formed and shuffled. (Suggested randomization of at least 6 times to “shuffle” the electronic deck.)

Phases of the Game

There are three phases of the game: The Election, The Legislative Session, and the Executive Power session.

**1. The Election**

Whoever is President may choose whom to nominate as their Vice President (VP). The floor is open for discussion among all players about whom to nominate. Once the President decides who they want to nominate, they should post in the thread, in bold, I nominate ______.

Once that is posted, all players should vote ‘Da’ (yes) or ‘Nyet’ (no) via PM to me. I will publicly post each players’ vote after all votes are received. If a majority of votes are ‘da’, then the election passes and we will move on to the Legislative Session. If it fails (it does fail on a tie vote, except for the Melanija Knavs Rule exception), then the Presidency passes on to the next player and another nomination and election happens. If there are 3 consecutive elections with no successful government formed, then the top policy card of the policy card will be enacted without any further input from the players.

Any player that was in the prior government is not eligible to be the next VP. If there are 5 or fewer players remaining, then only the last VP is ineligible.

**2. The Legislative Session**

Once all the votes are in, I will open the legislative session by posting in the thread. Once the legislative session is open, the President and VP MAY NOT post in the thread until I have closed the legislative session by announcing the result . Other players may continue to have discussions.

Once the legislative session is open, I will PM the President the top three cards of the policy deck. The President will choose 1 to discard by reply to me only in PM. I will then PM the two remaining cards to the VP, who will choose which one to enact. The VP will PM me their choice, and I will close the legislative session in the thread by announcing if a Moderate or Far Right policy was passed. If a Far Right policy was passed, we will then have the executive power phase, if necessary.

**3. The Executive Power**

When Far Right policies are passed, the government becomes more powerful. The CURRENT President (that is, the one that just passed the Far Right policy) may get to use an executive power, as listed below.

5-6 players

1st FR policy: No executive power;
2nd FR policy: Policy Peek
3rd FR policy: President will call a Special Election, Trump may now win by being elected VP
4th FR policy: Choice of Policy Peek or Assassinate a player.
5th FR policy: Whichever power was not used after the 4th FR policy was passed. Veto power unlocked.

7-8 players:
1st FR policy: No executive power.
2nd FR policy: Choice of Policy Peek or Investigate one player.
3rd FR policy: President will call a Special Election, Trump may now win by being elected VP
4th FR policy: Choice of Investigate one player or Assassinate one player.
5th FR policy: Choice of Policy Peek or Assassinate one player. Veto power unlocked.

9-10 players

1st FR policy: Choice of Policy Peek or Investigate one player.
2nd FR policy: Whichever power was not used after the 1st FR policy was passed.
4th FR policy: Assassinate one player.
5th FR policy: Assassinate one player. Veto power unlocked.

**Explanations of Powers:**

Policy Peek: The President will be told via PM what the next three policies in the deck are, including their order.

Investigation: The President should publicly post in the thread, in bold, I investigate _______. I will reply via PM if the player is Moderate or QAnon. If the investigated player is Trump, you will only be told that they are QAnon.

Special Election: The President selects the next President by posting in the thread, in bold, I choose ________ to be the next President. The current President is not eligible to be the Special Election President. After that single election, the Presidency goes back to where it would have been otherwise and the game continues on normally.

Assassination: The President should publicly post in the thread, in bold, I assassinate ________. The assassinated player should have no further part in the discussion. Assassinated players do not have their loyalty revealed unless they are Trump in which case the Moderates have won.

People may discuss openly in the thread about the best use of these powers, but ultimately, once the President posts the bold statement, it can not be taken back.

Veto Power: Here, the President and VP have the opportunity to veto the agenda. If the President AND VP choose to veto, then all 3 cards are discarded and the Presidency passes. The failed election counter does go up by 1 as well, bring it closer to a forced policy enactment.

After the Executive Power phase, if the game is not won, we go to the next election phase with the new President in power.

ALL GAME COMMUNICATION, UNLESS STATED IN THE RULES ABOVE, SHOULD BE IN THIS THREAD. THERE SHOULD BE NO GAME RELATED PM BETWEEN PLAYERS.

Players signed up

Player Abbr
IPD IPD
NerdAlert NA
YankeeTripper YT
Arthuritas AI
J0EBL0W JB
MayanActuary MA
Kenny K
BruteForce BF

Hecklers

1. @JFG
  2. @A_Student
  3. @John.S.Mill
  4. @soyleche

Player Order:

1. BF
  2. IPD
  3. MA
  4. K
  5. NA
  6. JB
  7. YT
  8. AI

QAnon wins by Trump election as VP

Moderate Policies Passed 3
Far Right Policies Passed 3
Failed
. . . . . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 Election
Rnd Elect Pres VP M/FR BF IPD MA K NA JB YT AI Counter
01 01 01 05 FR D D D D D D D D 0
02 01 02 08 FR D D N N D D D D 0
03 01 03 06 M D D D D D D D D 0
04 01 04 07 M D D D D D D D N 0
05 01 05 03 M D D D D D D N D 0
06 01 06 04 FR D N D D D D D D 0
07 01 03 07 ** D D N N D D N N 1
07 02 07 01 ! D D N D N D D D -

** The Melanija Knavs Rule is in effect, but YankeeTripper is not Trump.

Executive Power Power/Player Using the Power Claimed Result
2nd FR policy IPD chose POLICY PEEK M-FR-FR
3rd FR policy Special Election – J0EBL0W chose: MayanActuary

Role PM’s have been sent.

BruteForce is President. Please post your nomination for VP.

Can I start heckling yet?

YAAS

:bump:

Getting emotional whiplash from the first two posts. I’m at the bottom of the first list, so I’m thinking “of course, fascist mod!” Then I see the next list, and I’m at the top! It’s an emotional rollercoaster over here.

When I saw my name first on the first list I thought “About time I get some recognition around here” but then I saw the next post. #2 ain’t bad at least. Time to stomp some Trumpers overstaying their welcome

1 Like

Ok, I did say I might be able to play, not that I would play. However, I am here and I will play, but I will also warn y’all I will be hit or miss for Monday and Tuesday. I have a few things I need to get done. Will make sure to get caught up in the evenings if I can’t track throughout the day.

I’m going to start off with a nomination from the middle of the player list. I believe that’s what’s been done in the past and seems to work as well as anything else.

I nominate @NerdAlert

Sounds like a convenient conspiracy theory to me

Throwing shade right off the bat, huh?

I seem to recall that you were a proponent of normalizing failing early governments. I think I can get on board with that. At least for the 2nd attempt at a government.

Way to nominate Trump right off the bat. She must have some dirt on you!

:oh_noes:

PMs are not secure. Must have in person voting!

5 Likes

FTR, I’ll be out Tues afternoon and won’t likely be back on until Wed morning.

Valid nomination made. Vote, vote, vote.

Which party is going to tell me that elephants are really good at hiding in trees?

3 Likes

Whoa, it’s time for another installment of ‘over-analyzing every word people chose to type’!

1 Like

Voting is to be in Russian? I see Putin is the one pulling the strings in this game