Safest and most Dangerous Cities in USA

According to moneygeek:

From 2022 data, and twisted some certain ways they think are right.

What a meandering vomit of regurgitating data masquerading as analysis and conclusions. Post the data in a table, then repeat the data in a paragraph like it’s adding something.

I’ve been to two of the more dangerous cities. Detroit, never felt unsafe but I’ve been wary in some areas. New Orleans, went off the french quarter once late at night and felt like I was going to get mugged . I didn’t, but I think that’s because I was in a group.

So . . . you’re saying that a city isn’t any safer than the crime that actually gets reported?

Many of the most dangerous cities have old decaying urban cores where the problems are concentrated while being 10-20% of a much larger metropolitan area. On average, they may not be any worse than a typical US city.

Memphis and Little Rock should be #1&2. They are closer to 50% and 30% of the total metro area.

Even those metrics don’t tell the full story.

I’m familiar with Memphis. On paper, the crime rate is high. However, when looking at violent crimes…most such crime is intra/inter-gang or domestic disputes. Violent crime perpetrated against strangers (where the stranger isn’t a gang member, at least)…that’s fairly rare.

Property crime, on the other hand, has gotten become worse since the start of the pandemic. It’s said that you aren’t a real Memphian until you’ve had a car window shattered. Part of the problem appears to be related to the violent crime problem – folks breaking into cars looking for guns to steal – and part of it seems to be related to bail and juvenile justice reform, with the juvenile justice system reportedly having become de facto catch and release.

Sure, most violent crime in the US is gang (or domestic) related. I think i stand by my claim based on your part about being a real Memphian though. That’s not at all a thing in the city on the list I’m most familiar with.

Interesting that Detroit is one of the most dangerous cities, yet a township inside the metropolitan area is considered (per a link in the article) one of the safest cities.