Saddest Movie Moments

Bridge to Terabithia, where Jess learns that Leslie has died and the ensuing aftermath. Between that, Up, Where the Red Fern Grows and any movie where someone dies of cancer and they show the progression, I have movies that will make Mrs. Hoffman sob uncontrollably for hours and hate my guts for putting them on.

1 Like

On a related note, never rent “Life is Beautiful” if your wife is seven months pregnant.

Just trust me on this one.

2 Likes

The opening scene in Babe when he says “Goodbye, mom.” in that little voice as the pigs are being taken away for slaughter. My 2 year old nephew and my 1 year old niece were watching it with me: I swore that God forbid anything bad happen to their parents, they would always have a family to love and watch over them.

The kids decided to watch Return of the Jedi tonight. When that ewok realizes his friend isn’t going to get up - that hits me in the feels.

The shoe getting dipped in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

1 Like

Tempted to make a Saddest Thread Moments thread and just put a link to this thread. Unsubscribe.

I’ve watched How to be Single twice now and I absolutely lose it near the end when

Summary

you realize that the little girl is singing the song that her dead mother used to sing with her, though she doesn’t remember why.

First time, I didn’t see it coming. 10 minutes of wracking tears at the end of a comedy just wasn’t expected.

Second time, it had been long enough that remembered I had the experience, but not exactly why, so it was still surprising enough to make me bawl again. Less time, maybe 5 minutes.

I didn’t get verklempt at all about Up or most of the others on this list, those that I have seen anyway. not even Red Fern. I do lose it at the end of the book, though. (I’ve read that one 3 or 4 times.)

Bridge to Terabithia

The book hit me harder when I read it back in the day. I knew what was coming in the movie.