Rotisserie Guilt

We are actually considering buying rotisserie chickens for our cat food moving forward. It’s cheaper than canned cat food by a lot at the moment. It’s probably healthier too.

1 Like

@Echo: OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Wall to wall meat bird chikkins!!! :chicken: :rooster: :rooster: :rooster: :chicken: :chicken: :poultry_leg: :poultry_leg: :poultry_leg: :poultry_leg: :poultry_leg:

1 Like

Chicken for just 5 buck buck buck buck bucks!

2 Likes

Rotisserie chicken tends to have a ton of added sodium, not good for cats. (Probably not great for dogs either, but I won’t tell.)

I only know bc it’s something I looked up when I started by low sodium diet. Very sad.

2 Likes

This. Those things are usually loaded with salt.

I used to make my own dog food, and I made it with eggs and cottage cheese for the protein - back when eggs were cheaper. Cats have different dietary needs, but it looks like eggs and cottage cheese are ok for cats, too.

My sister lived in Africa for a long time, and dog food there was ridiculously expensive. I think most people there just feed their dogs leftovers/whatever rather than dog food, so dog food was a luxury imported product. Local meat and produce was dirt cheap, so they would make fresh food for the dogs.

They are back stateside now, so the pups have to settle for kibble again.

2 Likes

I found that making my own dog food was not much more expensive than kibble, but then, we don’t feed our dogs the very cheapest kibble (but also not the most expensive!).

I also don’t feel bad whatsoever about a company that pays 2 people to make a black line on your receipt as you leave, despite the fact that receipts aren’t required for returns.

I think they do that also to make sure you have in your cart what you paid for and not anything in your cart that you didn’t pay for. To make the process more efficient, they look for the more expensive and small items. And for stuff you have to pick up from the locked area. They probably also have experience on how people have shoplifted in the past and have gotten away with it. (If I were in charge.)

And, of course, they make sure not to get caught racial profiling, though they might actually be racial profiling.

Yes, they are making sure the number of items on your receipt matches the number of items in your cart.

Also it makes my son excited to go grocery shopping with me, because his job is to mind the receipt from when we check out until we get to the doors. And usually we stop at the food court, so this is a big responsibility. In his words, “welp, good thing we don’t have to spend the night at the store!”

2 Likes

Next time I’m at Costco, Ima git me one of those $1.50 hot dogs!! :hotdog: :yum:

2 Likes

Comes with a now-refillable (wasn’t during the COVID scare of 2-aught-2-aught) drink cup. Bad news: It’s Pepsi products.

1 Like

And the “black mark” is a visual cue that the receipt has “gone out the door already”.

1 Like

I use the app at Sam’s Club and it asks me to verify that I have X number of items in my cart. I then swipe my phone to pay and the check out person scans the QR code that is produced on my phone and then scans 3 items in my cart and I’m on my way. There have been times when they point at an item to scan and it doesn’t come up and they scan a different item. There really doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to which ones they pick. Mostly they pick the easy ones to get on the top. Rarely do they move things around to get the most expensive or smallest items in the cart.

1 Like

I get the Soda (water with bubbles). It’s the highlight of my trip.