RIP thread

I always thought the last part of that was “from NOT surprise”, but it’s kinda hard to understand exactly.

The second quote is near the beginning of the movie, where the first enterer of the cave was not worthy.
The first quote is near the end of the movie, where Aladdin refuses to bow to Jafar.

Yeah, I know. I’ve just always thought the heart attack was from “not” surprise. I think I’ll keep believing that, because that way is funnier to me.

1 Like

Alternative facts?

This transcript agrees with me

It does??

Early in movie:

Iago : ( Extremely sarcastically ) Oh, there’s a big surprise. That’s an incred… I think I’m gonna have a heart attack and die from not surprise. What are we gonna do? We got a big problem here, a big… ( Jafar pinches his beak shut. )

Late in movie:

ALADDIN: Genie! No!

GENIE: Sorry, kid–I got a new master now. (He places the palace on top of a mountain.)

SULTAN: Jafar, I order you to stop!

JAFAR: There’s a new order now–my order! Finally, you will bow to me!

(The SULTAN bows, but JASMINE does not.)

JAFAR: We will never bow to you!

IAGO: Why am I not surprised?

JAFAR: If you won’t bow before a sultan, then you will cower before a sorcerer! (To GENIE) Genie, my second wish–I wish to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world!

yes, this says “not” instead of “that.”

So, one more search for two-out-of-three wins.

Looks like it probably was “that”, but “not” is still funnier, so I’m going with it.

1 Like

I believe this is gonna be bigger than the slap!

How to correct Aladdin quote page error?

Iago: Oh, there’s a big surprise! That’s an incredib… I think I’m gonna have a heart attack and die from that surprise!

The correct quote is:
Iago: Oh, there’s a big surprise! That’s an incredib… I think I’m gonna have a heart attack and die from not surprise!

(“not” instead of “that”)

Gonna have to watch the movie.
Easily could have been scripted one way and said the other, so people’s sources are different.

I just watched a clip on youtube, and I can’t tell. I think if it was “not” he would have put more emphasis on it.

Apparently the closed captioning says “that”.

We’re gonna get on meep’s list for parsing jokes, but…
If he had said “why am I NOT surprised?” before that heart attack part, then “Not” would have been apt. APT!!!

My son had to watch that movie at least hundred times. I’d have bet good money it was NOT surprise. Either way great Disney flick and Gilbert was awesome as Iago.

1 Like

I heard in a song that two out of three ain’t bad.

1 Like

Or was it “two out of three is that bad”? :wink:

3 Likes

RIP Archie Eversole. The ATL rapper passed at 37. You might not recognize his name immediately, but you probably know at least one of his songs: We Ready.

Dude was often hanging out at Atlanta United tailgates and recorded a music video at one. He was a friendly and approachable guy.

Pour one out for Liz Sheridan, who will likely be best remembered as Mrs. Seinfeld, Jerry’s mom on the show Seinfeld.

But to me, I will always remember her as Mrs. Ochmonek, the nosy neighbor next door to the Tanners on ALF who was always trying to figure out why wacky shenanigans were always going on in the neighborhood. Well, there’s a furry alien living in the garage next door, that’s why, Mrs O.

3 Likes

First George’s Mom now Jerry’s Mom? Sad days.

2 Likes

You made out during Schindler’s List?!?!
:astonished::rage::astonished::rage:

2 Likes

Should we be concerned with Cosmo’s mom??

Sucking down Colt 45 from a can