RIP Kobe Bryant

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-kobe-bryant-killed-in-helicopter-crash-in-calabasas-194537553.html

How sad :cry:

1 Like

Along with his 13 year old daughter. How heartbreaking :cry:

1 Like

yup. I’ve been seeing mixed messages about Kobe given his past, and people are certainly entitled to their opinions. but… nothing other than pure sadness for the loss of such a young lady. that kind of news always sucks to read.

1 Like

Went to a Hawks game last night, was a nice tribute to him. Never realized there was such thing as an 8-second violation.

1 Like

Talked to my nephew who hated Kobe his entire career. “Why am I so sad?” We settled on that people like Kobe are just supposed to be there, be invincible, and something like this is too much a reminder of fragility.

1 Like

I was at the Hawks-Raptors game last night and same thing… really nice tribute to Kobe pre-game

1 Like

Am I a bad person for really not caring about Kobe’s death? I mean, it’s sad and all, but not really any sadder than finding out some other random person died.

1 Like

I’m more sad for his daughter who also died and her friend - as well as the friends and family who are now grieving a senseless tragedy - the moms who lost husband and child in the same moment.

Sadness is in the empathy.

1 Like

I understand that, but I don’t feel more empathy for them than for the families of other random people who die.

1 Like