Resolutions

I generally don’t do resolutions, but one thing I would like to do is hit more national parks. I started a checklist based solely on National Parks that my wife and I have been to together. I’d like to start hitting one or 2 a year of the ones we haven’t visited together.

First one will probably be Congaree as it’s a quick and easy road trip from here. Smokies are also easy. I’ve been to the Smokies a lot, but surprisingly not yet with my spouse.

My new years resolution is to make travel plans. I have several things i want to do (a couple of dance weekends, visiting a friend for the eclipse, maybe some more) and i need to actually meet the plans.

Booking hotels, planes, etc. is difficult and exhausting for me, so this will be a lot of work.

My new years resolution is to retire. That is all.

4 Likes

Forgot, there were a few other things on my 2023 list.

• Walk every street in town. Admittedly, this was a really ambitious goal because this is a pretty decent-sized town, there would have to be “go park and walk the area” days, but this was more designed to just get me walking. This was … :x:.
  • Run a 5K. :x: - though I walked a bunch of those casually [it’s basically a daily thing when the weather is good], and I power-walked 5K several times. But none of those were in some “official” race thing where I had to sign up and do it with a bunch of other people, so … :x:.
  • 0 surgeries in 2023. :white_check_mark:
  • Successfully mentor an intern. :white_check_mark:

I think that was it.

2 Likes

Not a resolution so much as a plan. 2024 needs to be the year my business has income > expenses. currently working over the holidays in another step to achieve that.

2 Likes