Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

Wait, nobody has brought up how Lindsey Graham advocated for the assassination of a foreign head of state?

I think it’s a common enough sentiment in several circles as to be unremarkable.

while i agree with that, it undermines a lot of things when it is a sr member of the govt vs a caricature like mtg/her ilk vs some blogger vs a shock jock. so…it still stands out, albeit just a little.

1 Like

Some members of Congress were on a zoom call with Zelensky where he was apparently asking for a no fly zone. Ukrainian officials asked that no one share photos of Zelensky during the call for security reasons.

Can you guess which two morons tweeted out pictures of Zelensky during the call anyway?

Rubio and Daines.

I wonder how much oligarch money will flow their way for their cooperation

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Ukrainian secret service need to take that as a direct and ongoing threat to the life of their president and need to proceed as American secret service would.

Nikki Haley is Susan Collins without the near-dementia.

3 Likes

Madison Cawthorn seems unfathomably stupid.

3 Likes

You know I don’t think Kuwait was a bright shining beacon of democracy and freedom in 1991, but we - and Republicans in particular - had a lot to say about their sovereignty at the time.

Yeah, Ukraine’s got problems. They’re still a sovereign country. And compared to Russia…

Yep, Annapolis, MD is a beautiful old city built way back in the 1700’s. The whole town wagon wheels around a hill looking over the Chesapeake bay. It was built to be the capitol of the US and what do you think is on the 2 ends of the square in the center of this city? The MD statehouse on one end and a gigantic church on the other. Both beautiful buildings and I highly recommend a weekend in Annapolis as they have a lovely restaurant and entertainment district with downtown, the waterfront, and the Naval Academy all right in the vicinity.

That’s because God put so much of our Oil under their sands.

2 Likes

More in Iraq than Kuwait though, right?

Like… wouldn’t we have been better off financially to just let Saddam have Kuwait?

I think there was concern he would just keep rolling into saudi arabia.

1 Like

Not sure what woke ideologies Zelenski is pushing other than the right to remian a nation With respect to the incredibly evil I guess he believes they are persecuting Jews, and practicing genocide against native Russian speakers, who Zelenski is both. .

1 Like

My guess is that Zelensky “is evil” and “woke” in Cawthorn’s eyes because he didn’t immediately capitulate to Trump’s attempt to tie already approved military aid to Ukraine publicly launching an investigation into the Bidens.

2 Likes

I think that’s over-thinking it. I think “woke” is used most routinely and mindlessly without it actually meaning anything of substance. The fact that people here are struggling to come up with what Cawthorn meant here would support that imo.

2 Likes

Quite simple: when I say “woke,” you salivate.
This guy knows his electorate.

3 Likes

Surprised he couldn’t fit the word “soy” in there for good measure.

1 Like