Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

But, but, it’s the talking point I read in my subscribed e-mail!!

Is it though?

Skin tone is a physical trait.

Is race = skin tone?

Trump says something intelligent:

Donald Trump surprised a crowd in Iowa by mocking people obsessed with using the Republican buzzword “woke”, insisting that most people cannot even define what it means.

1 Like

“most” is way too generous of a qualifier.
I have never heard someone define “woke” without being completely hateful.

But, of course “woke” is divisive because it addresses the “reality” of what has happened in history or is currently happening, but makes people feel uncomfortable due to their connection to those actions.

As seen in this thread today…

5 Likes

May be trying to attract voters from the centre of the political spectrum? He is smart enough to know he needs their vote in addition to his core supporters.

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go ahead and stop you right there…

2 Likes

Davis county Utah went 61% for Trump in 2020, so this counts:

Davis District pulls Bible from elementaries, junior highs 'due to vulgarity or violence' | KSL.com?

Wondering what they were doing there in the first place.

That’s where I grew up! I went to school there!

1 Like

Everyone is assuming this is some bright blue liberal area.
Very amused by the irony of this all.

It’s population has exploded, so it’s probably less red than it was when I lived there. Still a ways towards the red side of purple though.

I mean, it’s no Utah County. That place is nuts.

1 Like

Shocked that Utah County only went 67.8% for Trump in 2020.
Still more than state total of 58.2%, but that is brought down by salt lake county.

Lawyer for George Santos:

If this Court is so inclined to unseal the sureties, we truly fear for their health, safety and well being,

In fact, if the suretors are required to be identified, we respectfully request that the Court allow the suretors notice before the court releases their information so that they can withdraw as cosignors on the bond and Rep. Santos and I will appear before Your Honor forthwith.

My client would rather surrender to pretrial detainment than subject these suretors to what will inevitably come

I guess he’s getting pretrial detainment.

House ethics committee has also asked who the suretors are.

Trump says he understands the pharmaceutical industry better than anyone else, and he will create an independent commission if elected to come up with a new health care plan.

It’s really too bad Trump wasn’t President and didn’t have control of both the House and Senate for half his term or maybe we’d have a really good health system right now. I guess we’ll just have to wait two weeks for him to roll it out.

2 Likes

Turns out he didn’t have control of the Senate. (Thumbs-down emoticon.)

He had a 52-48 majority. It was enough to ram 3 unqualified hacks onto the Supreme Court, you think it’d be good enough to pass his health care reform. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Doing the darnedest things?

“Republicans angry with McCarthy over debt deal join Democrats to block gas stove bills”

OK…

2 Likes

They’re now looking at the Book of Mormon

3 Likes

Humans created race based on skin tone.

Same way as some humans created gender based on natal sex.

While humans have generally adopted race as an agreed-upon concept, there are of course cultures who have male and female while other cultures may have 7 genders because they didn’t base it on natal sex.