Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

See now if she would have just omitted the part I crossed out then she would have had a salient point. I’d say she’s her own worst enemy except I assume her base prefers the nonsense rhetoric.

Yeah the trouble is the people she’s speaking agree with her point without the crossings out.

Ironically, aren’t electric cars better performing sports cars because they can accelerate super fast, etc?

2 Likes

So out of their 435 candidates for the House give us a ball park figure as to the number of good ones.

1 Like

Ten seconds of research suggests equally fast.

But if you were hauling or towing something heavy in a dually, you’d want an ICE.

I dunno, probably somewhere in the low double digits. I know Cheney lost her primary but didn’t several semi-high-profile Trump-backed candidates lose their primaries?

Granted, not having Trump’s endorsement doesn’t automatically make you a decent person, but it’s a necessary condition at any rate.

Yes, electrics have a couple built-in advantages. Electric motors generate peak torque at 0 rpm. That helps 0-60 times. Purpose built electrics have their batteries under the floor, that lowers center of gravity and helps cornering.

But, they have no natural advantage in top speed. Like any engineering problem, there are trade-offs with price. C&D has a recent “Ten quickest EVs” story, the cars are all high priced brands.

The base ICE Hyundai Kona does 0-60 in 9.2 seconds, the electric version does 6.4. But, the N-Line ICE beats that at 4.8 seconds.

But, of course, we all know that sound matters. Electrics are naturally quiet, that’s not “manly” for Greene’s constituents. (Full disclosure: I’ve owned a couple V-8s. I really missed the sound when I went to a 6 and now a 4. Nothing like that 8 cylinder rumble.)

2 Likes

I look forward to even one of these supposed good ones in the Senate to speak up and denounce Walker.
But, even saint Romney will not bother to speak ill out of fear of losing the Senate.

But yeah, there are good ones…just none that are being elected by the republican party in any state.

Yeah, but she would not have been able to dog whistle to her homophobic base if she had left that out.
And so she didn’t.

But you can continue to create these fictional versions of republicans.

1 Like

Hardly an apt comparison, when considering the price of the two vehicles (over 10x difference in cost).

I believe Teslas dominates when comapared to similarly priced sports cars.

So, you don’t know of any, just have faith that yhey exist, despite no actions at all from any proving their existence?

Gotcha.

1 Like

We know of 2. They’ll both be replaced in a month.

2 Likes

Disagree. The only real argument against EVs is that the infrastructure isn’t quite there yet. That will sort itself out pretty soon imo. If people really miss the sound of a v8 that can be easily added to an EV

1 Like

well, im on that side and I want walker to lose.

not because of abortion stance, but because I dont think crap candidates should win.

wait, maybe im not on that side anymore.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll write in Mitt Romney- Liz Cheney in 2024. Or Nikki Haley - Ron DeSantis :smiley:

They have already started doing that on many of the high-end models.
I think the option is called “spoke cards” or something like that.

Good name. Extremely lame idea.

1 Like

I would drop the adjective.
I think we’ve go a long way to go before we’ve got enough electricity to get rid of fossil fuels (including natural gas).

Fortunately, the transition to all electric takes a while so we can build up. I have to think we should be building nuclear now.

1 Like

Let’s look into this. Here’s a place to start.

The bolded names are taken from the article above. The texts that follows the names are from the individual’s Wikipedia page.
Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y. On January 14, 2022, Katko announced that he would not seek reelection in 2022.
Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill. On October 29, 2021, Kinzinger announced that he will not seek reelection to Congress in 2022.
Rep. Jamie Herrera Beutler, R-Wash. Former Green Beret Joe Kent challenged Herrera Beutler in the 2022 top-two primary for Congress. A Trump supporter, Kent ran because of her vote to impeach Trump. Kent supports claims that the 2020 presidential election was fraudulent and has said that Trump bears no responsibility for the storming of the Capitol. In December 2021, State Representative Vicki Kraft announced her intention to run against Herrera Beutler. Kraft has voiced support for false claims of fraud in the 2020 election and called Herrera Beutler’s vote to impeach Trump an “unfortunate decision”. In the nonpartisan blanket primary, Herrera Beutler failed to advance to the general election, losing to Kent and Democrat Marie Perez.
Rep. Dan Newhouse, R-Wash. Newhouse was one of ten Republicans who voted to impeach Donald Trump during Trump’s second impeachment and one of two Republicans to be renominated in the ensuing primary, along with David Valadao of Washington.
Rep. David Valadao, R-Calif. Valadao was one of ten Republicans who voted to impeach Donald Trump during Trump’s second impeachment and one of two Republicans to be renominated in the ensuing primary, along with Dan Newhouse of Washington.
Rep. Peter Meijer, R-Mich. On August 2, 2022, Meijer lost the Republican primary for his seat to John Gibbs.
Rep. Tom Rice, R-S.C. In January 2021, the South Carolina Republican Party censured him for voting for the impeachment. In 2022, Trump endorsed a Rice primary opponent for his seat. Rice lost the Republican nomination in the June 14 primary to Russell Fry, garnering less than 25% of the vote.
Fred Upton, R-Mich. Upton is not seeking reelection in [2022], and will retire from Congress upon his 18th term’s expiration in 2023
Rep. Anthony Gonzalez, R-Ohio - In September 2021, Gonzalez announced he would not seek another term.
Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. - lost her primary

Unless your Republican candidate for state or federal office has made or makes a formal public statement against Trump, the Trump cult, and the failed coup you are voting for authoritarian power and against the democratic republic that is the United States of America’s rule of law based constitutional government. You are not voting for issues, the current GOP has stated those don’t matter, their being in power does. You are not voting for principles, except for the principle of those in power make the rules.

3 Likes

The V8 sound, yeah, but sound has been added to some electric cars (I think I read Kia is doing it) as a safety feature. Apparently there have been some cases of pedestrians getting run over because they stepped into the street without looking because they didn’t hear a car coming. But I guess that’s another thing you’d learn to not do over time as electric cars become more common.

Geez, just be a little boy and make the sounds yourself!!

1 Like