Republican Debates

I would propose a drinking game for tonight of one drink for “woke” and bottoms up for “weaponization”.

Very much looking forward to see if anyone goes after Christie and seeing how aggressive he plans to get. Without Trump, assuming DeSantis will get Rubio’d tonight.

1 Like

Is this the liveblogging thread?

This would seem to at least be the thread where we post while drowning our sorrows about the state of American politics.

Well, if you agree to the game suggest by K_R.
After 15 minutes, I’ll be passed out.

3 Likes

I do not have the intestinal fortitude to watch this evening’s GOP vice-presidential debate.

2 Likes

Fixed.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good way to die of alcohol poisoning.

2 Likes

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, Google tells me:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, former Vice President Mike Pence, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina all qualified for the debate.

I assume they’re all participating, but I’m not positive.

:laughing:

I think it has to be shots of beer for each time a chosen word is said, which would turn this into something like century club. Doable, but you’re calling in sick tomorrow.

I’m sober now so won’t partake, but I’m pretty sure at my highest tolerance this game would have killed me.

Fun story, a nobody candidate is complaining that an anti-Trump bias is keeping him from a presidential debate that would allow him to compete against Trump. He incorrectly claims that he met the GOP requirements while calling a 38-state poll a “national survey”.

Republicans opened the Pandora’s Box of “claim corruption against anything not going my way” and are now beginning to eat each other. Yum.

Will they all qualify for the “I promise I’ll support Trump when he wins the nomination” rule?

I agree that DeSantis is likely to get Rubio’d. He can’t hardly win if he opens his mouth.

I expect to see Vivek climb a bit higher. He’s in that talk-so-fast-that-people-think-you-know-what-you’re-talking-about category, kind of like Ben Shapiro. And the talk-over-your-opponent’s-good-points category, kind of like Ben Shapiro. I think that will play well in the debate.

I’ll get the summary later. I have something more important to do than watch that. Poking my eyes out with a red hot poker, stuff like that, if you’re inclined to ask.

Lol. I didn’t say I would watch. We’ll no doubt run into enough commentary about who “won” and will see clips and subsequent polls.

Then, I invite you over for some red-hot pokering.

1 Like

I’m debating. What time is this charade taking place?

The guy from ND might bow out due to pick up basketball injury. But honestly I have no clue who he is anyway.

2 Likes

Candidates are supposed to take the stage at 9:00pm Eastern.

Cord cutter here. Is there a way to watch other than actually having the Fox News Channel?

1 Like

If you get SiriusXM in your car, then you can listen to FoxNews on their app.

1 Like

You can look for a Fox stream, or supposedly it’s going to stream on Rumble, a site I’ve never heard of so can’t tell you how sketchy it may or may not be.

1 Like