Remote work compromise

We are four days a week, 7.5/day, no overtime. Lets just say, i hope my competition doesnt catch on.

This.

And at home the only good-looking chick I get to scope out is my wife.

/chauvanist

On the bright side it keeps you out of trouble. Don’t know anyone who was busted for pinning people on zoom.

We don’t have cameras on our machines so I just call in to meetings.

Definitely prefer it that way, we turn off our camera for our team meetings but have to pretend to look interested for everyone else.

I thought all laptops have cameras these days.

:confused: if you have your camera off why do you have to pretend to look interested?

I don’t have a laptop.

OKAY BOOMER

yeah best part about WFH is that I can play games while in meetings.

I find it rude when people have their cameras off during meetings if it’s a smaller meeting.

I have it on, but I have two screens. But even with one screen you can still play games or be looking at GoA and people still think you’re looking at the camera

oh, I wasn’t responding to your post with that. I assume you can play games and still have your camera on. I meant in general when people have it off, it’s rude.

I currently have 3 screens.

annnnd this is why we cant hire anyone here to save our lives.

candidate - ‘is the role flexible for remote?’
us - ’ no, move here and get ass in seat’
candidate - ’ so you want me to give up my 100% remote job… move to xyw or commute 1 hour 1 way?’
us- ‘yes’

click

our only hires are people that grew up around here and went to the local college.

why does your company suck?

its actually a really nice job, in 2019 terms. I just happened to live out here and not care if I am in office.

I meant, why are they against people working remote?

At this point I feel like I am behind the times NOT having remote experience. At first I thought ‘all those remote kids are not gonna know how to work in an office!’.

Now I realize its ME that has the wrong kind of experience.

My company provided me a mini desktop machine. I didn’t say I was against laptops.

i asked for one and they said they only issue it for employees who travel.

I said I’d love to travel to my back deck on nice days but they weren’t buying that argument.

3 Likes

Need to spill some water on that thing. They might send a laptop to replace it.

is it a security reason? that seems strange.