Recommendations for learning Spanish while driving

My wife is about to start a job which is going to have a considerable commute (~one hour each way). She’ll be driving a car.

She would like to use this time to improve her Spanish. She’s between a beginner and intermediate level. She drives a car that accepts voice commands that are sent to her phone. She’s quite skilled at telling google maps where to go or sending a text.

chatgpt gave me these suggestions:

bing didn’t do too well in making suggestions…more of just a run around…but I ended up with all of these:

So, I turn to you, GoA-friends, are you familiar with any of these apps? Are any of them better using just-audibly without visual interaction?

Gracias,
'###

Drive a cab for hire in the Latino section of your town.

1 Like

start with the curse words

2 Likes

This is the kind of non-ChatGPT guidance that will keep humanity ontop, imo

1 Like

There’s a ton of spanish podcasts she could listen to. There’s one called “Discover Spanish”, which is the old school repeat after me type learning. There are a lot more that are just people talking “slowly” in Spanish that she might be able to understand.

2 Likes

Whenever I get stuck in traffic I yell, “Ay ay ay, no me gusta!”

2 Likes

Coffee Break Spanish is good as a podcast. I’m not familiar with the app.

Duolingo requires interaction, so not helpful in audio only format IMO.

1 Like

I thought Duolingo had audio lessons as well as “stories” you can listen to. It might require making it to a certain level or paying for Super Duolingo to get access though. But even with those you probably at least need to interact with the app to move from one lesson to the next.

1 Like

Believe me when I tell you that my wife is willing to spend money on this.

I will

1 Like