Random Thoughts

The Apple store at our local mall had two security guards posted out front I’ve never seen that before it makes me wonder were they losing a lot of product out the door or what it was plenty busy

I recently saw security guards at two separate Apple stores in CO.

I just wanted y’all to know (and particularly @NerdAlert) that I just purchased tickets to the latest concert tour of the…

Twenty…
One…

…wait for it…

…PILOTS!!!

2 Likes

our local Dick’s Sporting Goods has a uniformed officer in front now on weekends. I knew the officer and was told it was a national push from DSG to hire a uniformed detail.

I do work with a local youth sports league. There is a 70 yr old man who has operated the scoreboard for over 20 years and otherwise been involved in the program for over 50. He is a special needs man, with no name to assign to what he contends with. (based on conversations of people who have seen him at the park and work in SpEd - they can’t tell other than he has some delays and cognitive limitations.)

As he has aged, he calls me a lot more. I am realizing I am part of his daily routine. If he sees any rain in the local news 7 day forecast, he calls. It is great to be someone he counts on. I feel badly not answering all the calls. Today is heavy call volume, at 12 inbound calls through 1PM. I hope I can keep up answering as many as I can for as long as I need.

5 Likes

That’s why, at Grayson Moorehead Securities, we keep a second list.

I think you responded in the wrong thread?

BTW, I find that to be an annoyingly easy mistake to make on this site.

1 Like

No, I thought something cheeky deserved to go into a thread that was not seriously discussing anything.

2 Likes

I thought that I saw one time that the forum warned me that I was responding to a post from a different thread.

2 Likes

Fair enough on both counts.

I do recall seeing the warning but then being confused about where the reply belonged.

I do agree that a warning is better than nothing, at least.

1 Like

I was trying to think up some redundant names where the first name is similar to the last name. So far, every one that I’ve come up with has hits on google.

Henry McHenry
Michael Carmichael

Boaty McBoatFace?

I know a John Johnson

I knew a Dr. Doctor and a Rev. Bible although that was when I was a kid.

Also Carol Carroll, but Carroll was her married name… it’s not like her parents named her that.

One more that I’m reluctant to share because others might know this co-worker.

David Davis.

Robert Robertson
Chris Christopherson
James Jameson
Jack Johnson
Arne Arneson
Richie Rich
Sirhan Sirhan

Do nicknames count? I know a lot of people with nicknames like Steve “Van” Vandervan. (that one is made up)

“Mister…"
“Doctor.”
“…Mister Doctor?”
“It’s Strange.”
"Maybe. Who am I to judge?

1 Like

Billy Dee Williams