Random Thoughts

Probably not because they only get the smell, and there ain’t nothing funny about that.

2 Likes

do YOU think silent but deadly is funny? There’s your answer.

4 Likes

Touche’

there are situations where the smell is amazingly funny. and also awful. one is a pre-req for the other

1 Like

I haven’t bought any gas yet in 2022.

3 Likes

Also, despite my protestations, “Linux” is pronounced “Lynn-icks” and not “Lean-ooks” like it would be if it was pronounced according to Finnish conventions…of course, Finns don’t really use the letter “x”, so they’d first re-spell it “Linuks” and then pronounce it that way and then it wouldn’t be “Linux” anymore.

Why does the creator think this when the G is for graphics, which is a hard G?

And “gi” is also a hard G in most cases.

gift, girl, give, giddy, gills, gild, ginkgo

Exceptions: gibberish and gin

Probably not an exhaustive list.

I think it’s for the same reason that the Finnish creator of Linux also pronounces it incorrectly.

Also not an exhaustive liszt:

3 Likes

because he was f’ing with us all

I’m wearing my prodigal sock today.

I’m operating at about 70% capacity today. Yesterday I had a kick-ass, get a lot accomplished day. Today I’m slogging through to-do items at a :snail: pace.

I’d like to meet someone named “Yubi” who, for a profession, is a public official appointed to decide cases in a court of law… Then when someone asks me to form an opinion or conclusion about something controversial I could just point at this person and say “Yubi, the judge”.

1 Like

I wonder if Rothy’s are as good as the hype/price.

I had a random question but for got what it was.

Never heard of them, pretty spicy pricing. Are the Allen Edmonds sneakers any good? I’m a fan of their dress shoes but I generally buy cheap sneakers and casual shoes.

I have 8 pairs of Rothys and they’re the only shoe I wear to work (or really anywhere).

Not everyone loves them, though. If you need a lot of arch support, they ain’t it.

1 Like

A friend of the family just had cancer surgery last week. He was home after a couple of days in the hospital and is resting.

Fuck cancer.

6 Likes

Good to know; thanks!