Random Thoughts

Also, last time I was at LAX there was still a bank of pay phones.

Switched from Chrome to Firefox on my phone, and everything is weird on this site now. I did figure out how to see a preview of my post, so that’s good for the funny and sfw thread to make sure my memes upload properly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but the number of unread and new threads is missing on the main page (maybe?) so for now I have to open a thread and scroll to the bottom to find those, until I figure out where those numbers went.

I like to use DiscourseHub on my iphone.

Maybe at an international airport foreigners come in with phones that don’t work in the US and that is still useful???

A lot of phones have some kind of internet calling, but maybe enough still don’t to justify leaving them?

I’ll look into it, because there are other things that are weirding me out. Like… I can’t see what I’m replying to at the same time I’m replying because the reply box takes up the whole screen, so I have to hit another button to see the thread again.

I just did!!! Thanks, everybody!

3 Likes

I have a whole bunch of posts with 7 likes, but none with 10.

I think I still have the most likes given, making it harder for me to get likes. Well, I guess I could like my own posts, but that’s lame. I don’t think I’ve ever done that, but if I did it was a mistake.

2 Likes

Oh, actually I don’t think you can like your own posts. In that case I definitely haven’t done it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the one causes the other in this case.

Personally, I’m more apt to like posts of those people who have liked mine but there’s a whole lot of correlation going on there.

I just mean that there are less of the total likes out there available to me.

Like if there were 10,000 likes total on the site and I’ve liked 1,000 posts and you’ve liked 500 then some fraction of 9,000 likes are on my posts, whereas some fraction of 9,500 likes are on your posts.

Probably the bigger issue is that my posts appeal to a smaller fraction of posters though!

1 Like

No one told me we were going to be studying Bayesian probabilities!!!

1 Like

I put on my socks before underwear although it was due to not wanting to transfer grit on the floor from the dog than possible foot cooties getting in my underwear.

Do you put your sandals on before or after the underwear??

Asking for a friend who delivers pizzas.

That is where alts come in.
:grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m not sure that this is how it would work. An ID can like a post only once, so calculating percentages from all Likes given doesn’t make sense (to me).

Rather, what percentage of (active) posters have liked a post . . . that I can see.

I should probably buy my turkey soon, since it needs to start brining in a week.

2 Likes

For the first time ever, we’re doing a “fresh” turkey. It’s pre-ordered so that it stays properly refrigerated until I brine the thing. It’s already ordered and paid for, so they’d better have one when I go to pick it up next Monday…or it’s going to be hot dogs boiled in water again.

4 Likes

My kids would be thrilled with that.

3 Likes

BTW, that has to be the fastest that anyone has ever liked one of my posts. It had barely finished loading on my screen when you had already :heart:'d it. You’re awesome.

1 Like

So…it’s very possible the turkey you’re going to be eating is still alive right now? Sad.