Random Sports Thoughts

I would do both… if offense commits what would ordinarily be a 5 yard penalty from their own 2, instead of 1st & 11 from the 1 (as it is now), it should be 1st & 15 from the 1.

Oh! That reminds me. I think one of my ideas was, the line of scrimmage gets moved into the end zone & if on the next play the offense doesn’t move the ball out of the end zone, it’s a safety. And if it’s a ten yard penalty from inside the one yard line, well, good luck lining up on-side.

1 Like

What if it’s a 15 yard penalty?

Yeah, that must be an automatic safety…or you have to hand it off to the guy in the stands holding a beer & he can either run or throw or punt.

1 Like

:rofl::football::stadium::beers:

1 Like

From the lead-in to the story:

1 Like

So… no explanation???

This is the closest to an explanation in the article:

One fan asked the obvious follow-up question, why did this happen? [Eminian responded] by noting the team’s futility and saying, “this was inevitable.”

1 Like

Has search party been sent out?

Someone with a verified Twitter account wrote:

I can’t vouch for the accuracy of what he’s claiming, but if it’s true that’s certainly not a good track record.

Purple Pride!

In the startribune story (https://www.startribune.com/former-vikings-owner-red-mccombs-dies-at-age-95/600253040/), I half-expected this sentence to end like this: “While Red had a clear passion for sports, it was evident what he loved the most [was making money].”

An argument for a new GOAT:

In the US, we have semifinals and quarterfinals but don’t use the word octofinals. We say round of 16 instead. They do use the octofinals word in Spanish, and it’s useful and consistent with later rounds.

1 Like

“Semi-quarter finals”

The Timberwolves are in talks with Dunder Mifflin to acquire Andrew Bernard.

A Cornell Man

1 Like

When LIV & PGA executives met it is rumored that Greg Norman blurted out “How the turntables…”

1 Like

From the Apple News…

…is this photo:

…did they photo shop the club out of his hands and replace it with a ascot ears? …um, thanks autofill, scorecard?

Taylor Swift be like: :thinking: I haven’t broken up with a football player yet… hmmm…

I saw the woman’s marathon record shattered at the Berlin marathon yesterday, and instead of being impressed, I was immediately suspicious. I have not followed woman’s running recently, so do not know anything about Assefa, just that time…

1 Like