Random questions

Neither.

Heat it up to a liquid state and then pour it over a bed of fresh spinach and consume with delight.

Pour into ice cube tray and freeze. Could be great for sauteeing or caramelizing onions!!

spent a few days last week at an event. noticed one patter among the older (and very wealthy, like 8-10 figures of wealth) attendees - they ask where I am based and 3 immediately wanted to know the tax situation in my state vs others.

maybe itā€™s bc 2 are mostly retired and not earning more (wealthiest is still active) - but why is that such a front of mind concern for people who are very insulated from financial concerns of the masses?

What is this?

It was between the sidewalk and the curb. I couldnā€™t tell what it was, so I am crowdsourcing.

Well, greed, for one.

Short sightedness for another :eyeglasses: Personally, Iā€™m willing to pay more in taxes to enjoy where I live. Wife and I have talked about retiring to a near-ocean-beach apartment in San Diego. Not cheap in any way, but thatā€™s what my money is for. JMO.

Kind of looks like fossilized animal vomit.

Iā€™d say itā€™s bigger than 12 inches in diameter

Even https://lens.google.com/search?ep=gisbubu&hl=en&re=df&p=ATHekxd2FTfwyDPeuZdyYdQ7-kBLvu_oSOKxXGgjKYnvaZVwYElhHeWYuq7InNrCX-_YTuS6MjGeI6fR7cabA-RM8zFbkaf8tqSCkCiSUAe7qzctUggA24QXa3zUIESwN3Ja50zSo_t-28tqPMnocqJgz6TBn0HZhb4HnSDnU-XsdtKoTYB7C321PKfeaq-mEDvKWdCvK0V_Ja9BQkEFt-F2ytLSoQ4%3D#lns=W251bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLG51bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLG51bGwsIkVrY0tKREF6TWpNMk5qYzFMVEU0TXpjdE5EQmtNQzA0TURabExUTTFPV1V3TWpjM09XSXlNeElmYTNsZlNYWlNNR3hEUlRSWmMwNXBYM3AxVm1GWlRWaGlObWMyYjJwNFp3PT0iLG51bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLDEsbnVsbCxbbnVsbCxudWxsLFsxNjY2NywzMTUwMCw0OTE2Nyw3MzMzM10sbnVsbCw1XV0= doesnā€™t know.

What part of the country are you in? Looks a bit like a cypress knee. Itā€™s a bit thicker and more rounded than what Iā€™m used to though. But you can cut them back and theyā€™ll grow up again.

That definitely makes my guess even less likely.

Georgia, next to a moderately busy road between the sidewalk and the curb. It would be difficult for a tree trunk this large to be this close to the road, and I donā€™t remember any tree there. Itā€™s not somewhere I go by daily or weekly. Iā€™d say I pass by several times a year.

Based on the size I donā€™t think itā€™sa cypress knee but they donā€™t need a tree nearby. I have knees in my yard that are probably 30ā€™ from the nearest tree. And they will continue to grow even when the trees are removed. I live in what used to be a swampy cypress grove and those things are everywhere despite the majority of the cypress trees bring removed.

This is no where near a swampy area or any cypress.

It has some shape that looks like something mushy was dropped, but then there are stringy parts. The large size makes me discount scat or vomit. I am leaning toward some kind of fungus. Did you poke it, or lift it? Does it have an odor?

I did not touch it. If it had an odor, it wasnā€™t strong enough to notice when I stood over it for a picture.

Itā€™s somewhat similar in color, size, and shape to a big buffalo/cow chip. However, those donā€™t look stringy and there are no large animals in the area.

1. How long has it been there?
  2. Is it soft and pliable or stiff and rigid?

Not sure how long its been there. Not more than a few months.

I did not poke it so I donā€™t know about firmness

Is catching up on emails from bed on a Monday morning on my phone considered ā€œworkingā€?

2 Likes

Not when itā€™s done on a Wednesday.

4 Likes

Oof. I guess we can all see what kind of day Iā€™m having.

2 Likes