Random questions

Shame goes out to twig for not knowing that one!!! /Lincoln Electric

2 Likes

:grimacing::woman_shrugging:

How does one get their ankles to do this?

https://twitter.com/GeneticJen/status/1586039316601610241?t=5bLFcL3qRsDwatsWwsVZzQ&s=19

It looks like they are wearing special roller skates that allow for a lot more bending than regular roller skates. And in this picture you can see that the roller skates are not flat to the ground either.

are you looking for something other than “lots of practice”?

Is Stubhub or Ticketmaster better or safer to buy resale tickets?

Either one is ‘safe’. Take whichever tix are cheaper. (including fees!)

What makes a policy “industrial “ vs “ordinary “?

An example might be helpful.

Underwriting mostly. Industrial was the original simplified underwriting. Also generally lower face amounts than ordinary business. Sometimes you can tell what the intent was by the mortality table for CSV. ETA - There isn’t really a difference in what they cover.

1 Like

And I think the agent would go around collecting the premium weekly. They don’t sell those anymore, do they???

I seem to remember a lawsuit a while ago because the sum of the premiums exceeded the face amount. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This was common, but there are also monthly industrial contracts. The company i worked for that sold a lot of industrial stopped selling industrial in the late 70’s/early 80’s and was moving to bank draft/mail premiums by early 90’s. I think the weekly premium had changed to actually be every 4 weeks at some point; I forget a lot of the details. Much of the business was limited pay. A 10 year weekly pay was actually 520 weeks.

1 Like

I’m at the car dealer and they have a free coffee machine. You can pick different flavors and sweetener… and “whitener”.

I just… NO!!!

I don’t want “whitener”. What does that even mean? Just say “non-dairy creamer” or whatever the heck it is. I don’t want to feel like I’m drinking paint. Although… maybe I would be, so possibly it’s accurate. :woman_shrugging:

It also feels vaguely racist.

Is this a normal term that everyone but me is familiar with?

when i hear non-dairy creamer i think liquid

whitener. i assume is the powder.

Powdered creamer?

I don’t recall ever seeing this. But I googled it and google seems to think it’s a common term. Weird. Maybe you and I tend to hang out at high class establishments.

Is it maybe a regional thing? It almost sounds British but I don’t recall seeing it there either.

1 Like

1 Like

My son (aged 12) is going to a bat mitzvah for his friend.
Is a card + check an appropriate gift?
How much is the going rate? We live in a high cost of living area.

yes to the first

no idea on the current going rate.
i would think $54. maybe $72.

denominations of 18 are considered lucky

if there are a lot of BNai Mitzvah, it can get expensive. So going with the lower amount is not shocking

Tree fiddy.

Same as downtown.

1 Like

Thanks, did not know about the multiples of 18 thing, will do.

Is Boba the drink meant to be capitalized or is spell check think it’s in reference to Boba Fett?

1 Like