Random Political Questions

Isn’t that the purpose of the dark web for people who go on the dark web?

If that is really what it is I can’t believe he put that on there. On the other hand, I can’t believe you are going to turn down an applicant because of political beliefs. I work with both a group of hardcore republicans and a group of hardcore democrats. Politics are not talked about a lot but when they are, the other group just stays quiet to not insight arguments. Same goes for when the other group talks about things. Heck my best friend is of a different political party than me and we get along great. It is possible for republicans and democrats to get along in this world, even though most things I read on this website it seems like most don’t believe that

It’s not whether the candidate is Democrat or Republican that bothers me. It’s that the candidate thought it was a good idea to list that bullet point on an otherwise solid resume that concerns me.

Without knowing the reason it’s put on there before you are able to ask him is still judging based on political status isn’t it? Maybe there is a very good reason for it

If it was a democratic affiliation i wouldnt throw his resume in a dumpster fire so for me its because he advertised on his resume that he is a hard core republican.

If there is a good reason shouldnt it be clear on the resume?

Really? So the “freedom” bullshit isnt what turned you off? Certainly is what turned me off.

That’s what’s giving me pause.

If I happened to drive by the candidate’s house and see a yard sign for a Republican candidate during election season that would be fine, but the bullet point on the resume goes beyond merely being a Republican. It suggests potentially a militant and/or vocal Big Lie proponent.

So what you said before of it not mattering if its a democrat or republican isnt true.

Yard sign and i might interview them but id be biased against them all else equal. In their resume itself and it is going in the trash.

I disagree. It’s not being a Republican that’s a problem. I work with plenty of both Republicans and Democrats with a handful of Greens and Libertarians and it’s fine.

It’s the potentially militant part that I’m worried about. If someone listed a leadership role in Jane’s Revenge on their resume I would also be concerned, but that’s not what I’m facing at the moment.

Anyway, I mentioned my concerns to the owner and now it’s in his hands.

Yes if someone is going to put something that could be considered controversial then they should make it clear why it’s on the resume. Still don’t think that should be a reason to not interview even if it’s not clear. Now maybe he didn’t think it would be controversial based on what he has been exposed to so didn’t think an explanation was needed